Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88468 - 10/21/10 07:05 PM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: Antonio]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
THAT'S WHY I couldn't connect to Skype on the EMT bus earlier this month! I tried but thought it was a problem with my PDA. INTERESTING!

Thanks for the clarification, Antonio! You are DEFINITELY in-the-know!! thumbsup We're lucky to have you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88471 - 10/22/10 10:40 AM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: Antonio]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well I for one thanks MM for revealing the site, its useful to many I am sure.
I need to use mine,and always go to the same spots, knowing where they are all reliable sites its very helpful.

#88619 - 11/14/10 12:00 PM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: Antonio]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi, from Madrid's Plaza Mayor, using the City Hall's FREE WiFi internet. It's listed as: Ayto_MadridTecnologia(Wi-Fi)

Got just "one Bar" immediately outside the tourist office.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88622 - 11/15/10 06:17 AM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: MadridMan]
listener042 Offline

Loc: Istanbul, Turkey
Will try to log in using my blackberry tomorrow (yay!!!) does one need a password or code smsed to your phone? (that's how they do it in Istanbul)Or does it just.... work?

Thanks so much for this info guys!

#88626 - 11/15/10 11:16 AM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: listener042]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

At least in the Plaza Mayor, no password is necessary. It's an open/free Wi-Fi network. I was using my SmartPhone so maybe that's why I only got one bar with the connection. A laptop would be stronger and maybe a Blackberry too.

Saludos, MadridMan

#88628 - 11/15/10 08:00 PM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: MadridMan]
listener042 Offline

Loc: Istanbul, Turkey
Thanks, it's 3am Istanbul time and I am on my way to the airport now. :-)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments