Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65087 - 10/12/05 11:01 PM MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!!
tclearyn3 Offline

Loc: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
My husband and his sister were adopted by an American family living in Madrid back in the early 70's. We're visiting Madrid for the first time since then in June 06 for fun and hopefully to find some leads on not just the birth mother but also extended family.

We need some "help" in some of our leads and wondered if any people heading over soon might be helpful just out of the kindesss of their hearts to confirm some things for us so that some leg work can be reduced???

I have two address in downtown Madrid and I just wonder if anyone might know if they are businesses, hotels, or an actual place of residence. If anyone might know of a site where I can find this sort of info out, that would be great! I've had no luck though and our adoption papers show me the following address:

Calle San Marcos

I've also got a hit on the birth mother's name and a current address at:

Calle Cabo Cope /"el Golf" Las Rozas

But because I am self translating the spanish white pages, I am un sure if this is the phone companies address or the persons!

Both addresses are just off Calle Gran Via near Calle De Fuencarral...so ifanyone is "NEAR" the neighborhood and wants to help out and see what's there, that would be INCREDIBLE!!

The LAS PALMAS connection:

another hit on a possible current address for the birth mother is:

ciudad De Almeria

If anyone has tips on how to research birth/death records there and in Madrid...that would be most helpful...I'm clue less!

It would be great to find family at the beginning of our teip and not at the end so all this leg work will be most helpful! Thank you to anyone who has a mild interest!

#65088 - 10/14/05 09:03 AM Re: MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!!
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well let's get organized,I am afraid the addresses sound a bit inconsistent, let me suggest the following procedure if it makes sense:

1)white pages ,

http://blancas.paginasamarillas.es/jsp/home.jsp

2)For street location (in Madrid) use better this site, is pretty efficient

www.viamichelin.es

3) For official records you need to get in touch with the civil registry offices or contact them in the online service, don't read just click.

http://www.justicia.es/servlet/Satellite?cid=1057821035243&pagename=Portal_del_ciudadano%2FPage%2FTramite&c=page&subseccion=ListadosTramites&tipotramite=PFM&menu_persona=menu_activ o

#65089 - 10/14/05 09:53 AM Re: MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Regarding the second address - El Golf is an "urbanizacion" (a type of community of homes or development) of expensive luxury homes in the town of Las Rozas, which lies about 25 or 30 kilometers to the west of Madrid. I don't know about the street address, but perhaps you should look at the Madrid suburbs. Good luck!

#65090 - 10/14/05 11:59 PM Re: MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!!
tclearyn3 Offline

Diana,

thank you for that information...just something that simple helps us put the pieces of the puzzle together so that when we get there, we know generally where we are headed!

I Appreciate it! Tanja

#65091 - 10/15/05 12:02 AM Re: MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!!
tclearyn3 Offline

Nativo,
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! That is EXACTLY the type of agencies and listings I needed to keep me busy and hopefully head me in the rght direction. I really appreciate the time you took to post them for me!

You and Dian have dome your kind acts for the day!!

Tanja

#65092 - 10/15/05 07:36 AM Re: MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!!
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
My pleasure, I hope it helps you continue with your quest.

#88618 - 11/13/10 12:16 PM Re: MADRID/LAS PALMAS: Help with finding Spanish birth mother...PLEASE!! [Re: Nativo]
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Did anyone hear if they hadd any success finding the birth mom on their trip? I know this is over 5 years ago, but still. Update?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments