Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#88662 - 11/20/10 02:36 AM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Esperanza, their rendition of "Verde, Te Quiero Verde" is different. I didn't even recognize it at first but it was beautiful. Also, I thought it was called "Verde, Que Te Quiero Verde" - as you wrote above - but in the film credits it's listed without the "Que". Not sure why.

Again, a good film. It was like the best flamenco concert you could hope to see, all with great performers one after another. The soundtrack (and/or DVD) is on my future Wish List.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88664 - 11/20/10 01:48 PM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Well, "Verde que te quiero verde" is a line from the García Lorca poem Romance Sonámbulo" so maybe they wanted to make it their own by not using the exact phrase ?

Can't wait to see it! Gotta see when it will be coming to NY!

#88665 - 11/20/10 01:55 PM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I also knew that. Did you know that the phrase "Verde, que te quiero verde" was code for something at the time of Lorca? If not, I'll keep you guessing or make you look it up so I don't have to explain it here. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88669 - 11/21/10 07:07 AM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ok I was wondering if it was code for being gay as Lorca was well known for being gay .. In Madrid they use the word "entiendo" and they sell t-shirts using the old Nintendo logo as " Entiendo" .
However my room mate , who is obviously more well versed in Lorca than I , tells me that this phrase is a reference to marijuana .
I´ve been offered drugs so many times in Spain and Portugal .. these guys just pass you buy and whisper "hashish , hashish" . In Lisbon when ( many times ) I shook my head , they offered cocaine or heroin .
Retiro Park ( Madrid ) is full of guys doing this and if , like me , you´re a guy on your own , they´ll approach you .
I remember being in a beach house in Belize and some Rasta guy passing by on the beach said .. "You want some green my friend ? " ... I had no idea what he was talking about until he said marijuana !!

#88673 - 11/21/10 06:58 PM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Steve, your first hunch - so I've read - was correct.

Saludos, MadridMan

#88763 - 12/14/10 03:24 PM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Hi All!

I was lucky to be at the premire with MM in November. Best film I saw all year!
Question about the film:
Does anyone know if a soundtrack has been released? I looked at the FNAC and E.C.I. but no luck. I've been looking online and on iTunes and nothing.

Thanks

#91661 - 10/30/12 05:44 PM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: Rodolfo]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I finally found the clip from the film I've been looking for since it was released.
Verde que te quiero verde

Such a beautiful and moving piece of music.

Edited by MadridMan (11/03/12 10:24 PM)
Edit Reason: to embed YouTube video.

#91667 - 11/03/12 10:28 PM Re: "Flamenco, Flamenco" film by Carlos Saura [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thank you for sharing, Rodolfo. thumbsup That is beautiful.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments