Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88581 - 11/09/10 01:17 AM Blackberry?
listener042 Offline

Loc: Istanbul, Turkey
Anyone using blackberry in Spain? If I bring mine from Istanbul, would I be able to download any cool Spanish apps? Are there any cool Spanish apps?

#88582 - 11/09/10 01:18 AM Re: Blackberry? [Re: listener042]
listener042 Offline

So every time I go to Madrid I try to buy a compliation cd or 2 with all the cool pop music of the year, anyone have a recommendation or 2 for what I should buy next week?

#88584 - 11/09/10 03:10 AM Re: Blackberry? [Re: listener042]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I shouldn't even open my mouth because my WindowsMobile smartphone doesn't have any apps at all - except maybe for the Madrid metro app which is only decent at best. I've heard the app for iPhone/Android are great, though. It's my understanding that the best apps in the world are for general use (not Spain specific) and are in English. I don't see (m)any "cool Spanish apps" out there. Can anyone claim otherwise?

As for a compilation CD of pop music of the year, "Los40 Principales" puts out an annual (?) CD. But keep in mind that more than half the songs are in English.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88589 - 11/09/10 03:30 PM Re: Blackberry? [Re: MadridMan]
listener042 Offline

Oops, thought I had posted the music thing as a new thread, MY BAD :-)

Well the thing I am wondering.... If I show up in Madrid with my internet left on and log on to Blackberry App world, will there be spanish apps? Will they charge to my turkish account if I buy them, and will I have to sell my child to the gypsies to afford them?

Re music: will keep my eyes peeled for the 40 principales.

To give you an idea, in the past I bought

N (with a tilde): Los Exitos del Ano

All Spanish (yes, English title)

40 latino (last year)

and was pleased with all of them.

Maybe I should also ask like this:
What are the names I should be looking out for nowadays? Who is playing on the top 40 spanish stations?

#88591 - 11/09/10 04:20 PM Re: Blackberry? [Re: listener042]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I don't know if these people are popular on the top 40 stations, but I'd be curious to know:

Fito y los Fitipaldis
Alejandro Sanz
Jarabe de Palo.

I love them all. I had a friend in Spain recommend music to me in 2009 and I got: Los Delinquentes (I love!) El Bicho (flamenco fusion, I also love, but not top 40) Fito (I love them too and when I wandered into a little bar in Madrid in April, they were playing Fito and the bartender and I had a nice talk about music) and Vetuta Morla (not my favorite)

So, if any of you are up on music, comment on these selections for listener042, please.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments