Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8856 - 04/23/06 05:34 PM Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hi there,

We have just made plans to be in Spain this summer :jump: for 7 weeks! I am thrilled! We have rented an apartment in Salamanca for the entire month of July (my daughters and I are taking classes there) and then we are off to the north! We are hoping to stay in Santander for a few days and San Sebastian for a few days before heading down thru Aragon and then to Madrid! Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for good (not expensive) places to stay in Santander and San Sebastian. We will be 4 people... probably needing 2 rooms (or an apartment if possible). I did do a search and found some ideas. Just wondering if there are more current suggestions.

Also, MadridMan...I am hoping we can finally all meet when we are in Madrid!! thumbsup I hope you will be around the last few days of June when we arrive...

#8857 - 04/23/06 06:43 PM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You might already be aware that Santander AND San Sebastián-Donostia are two summertime "Hot Spots" for many MANY Spaniards. Expect to pay "High Season" rates. Also, if you haven't already, check into the San Sebastián-Donostia Lodgings page of MadridMan.com.

Hope to meet you while you're here in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8858 - 04/24/06 07:22 PM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I can vouch for the Hotel Niza in San Sebastian. Very charming and a great location (right on the promenade along the beach) but without the higher prices of the swankier hotels. Great views (request a room with a view of the water), very clean and well appointed rooms.

We loved San Sebastian--when we win the lottery, that's where we're retiring! Have fun!

#8859 - 04/25/06 05:35 PM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

thanks for the tip, Liz! I was wondering if Eddie had any suggestions for Santander? MadridMan, I did use your lodgings page to do a good search. Thanks!

#8860 - 04/26/06 07:59 AM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hello
I can honestly say that Adore Plaza in Constitution Square is THE BEST hostel I have ever stayed in!! VERY friendly staff, great location and very reasonable rates....the washrooms are impeccably clean.....really, I highly recommend this one!!

#8861 - 04/26/06 08:23 AM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

thanks, France! their website is Adore Plaza

#8862 - 04/26/06 10:30 AM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
You won't regret it if you book a room there...it's sooooo nice!!! And it overlooks the Plaza....well some rooms do....it'll be great for you and your daughters!

#8863 - 04/26/06 10:41 AM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I stayed in Hostal La mexicana in Santander four years ago (May '02) and was very pleasant. Family run, comfortable, reasonable rates, and well located just meters away from the City Hall and the Central Market (that, by the way, is located in Plaza de la esperanza wink ). I see in their Website that it has been refurbished in 2003, so even better.

#8864 - 04/26/06 12:23 PM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Hotel Europa is 2 blocks from the beach w/o the water view, but probably a better value than Niza (which I think is high to beat.) Europa also has a good little cafe w/ excellent pinchos.

#8865 - 04/28/06 10:01 AM Re: Santander/San Sebastian: hotels and hostals?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Esperanza: I sent you two Private Messages about Santander (lodging, etc.).

I have also stayed at Hostal Liebana on c/Salmerón just north of the FEVE Station: not recommended! I was on my way to Potes (Liebana) for Año Jubilar 2000. 2006 should also be a Jubilee Year for Liebana: Santo Toribio fell on Sunday, Apr 16 (which was also Easter Sunday). In 2000 it fell on Palm/Passion Sunday. I don't know if they're doing anything special at the Monastery (just outside Potes).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 926 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments