Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88278 - 09/22/10 04:42 AM Madrid: Pension Lemus, good or bad?
Secretselkie Offline

does anyone know anything about Pension Lemus? (Calle de Hortaleza, 7)...

It's one on our shortlist but I cant seem to fin many reviews for it

thanks
angela x

Edited by MadridMan (09/22/10 01:18 PM)
Edit Reason: to modify name and embed website link

#88279 - 09/22/10 11:38 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: Secretselkie]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
NEVER heard of it! Do they have a website? If so, please let us know. They must be new or maybe just new to the internet.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88280 - 09/22/10 12:23 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: MadridMan]
Secretselkie Offline

sorry, wrote that wrong, it is a hostal but it's actually called "Pensión Lemus"..

its new on some of the booking sites and they also have their own website @ http://www.pensionlemus.com

angela x

#88281 - 09/22/10 01:32 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: Secretselkie]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Very good, Secretselkie! I'll add it to the Hostel Directory soon too.

I think they must be relatively new to the internet too. New ones do spring up from time to time, of course, and I think this is one of those. Another new place (to the internet), Pension Berti, is in the same building.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88292 - 09/24/10 12:49 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Secretselkie, I've heard that this pension is not licensed. It was also mentioned that this place has some "issues" which I won't speak about in a public forum. Just so's you know.

Saludos, MadridMan

#88301 - 09/28/10 07:04 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: MadridMan]
Secretselkie Offline

ok, thanks for that info MM, i guess we'll be scratching that one from the list... can you recommend some others in that area?

regards
angela x

#88302 - 09/28/10 07:41 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: Secretselkie]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hostal Chelo is a good, economical option at Calle Hortaleza, 17. I've even stayed there once (in 2000). It's clean, basic, free Wi-Fi internet, family owned and operated. It needs to be said that Antonio, a message board member here in high standing, is the son of the family who runs it and he does his part there as well. Hostal Chelo has been around forever and you'll find hundreds of reviews about it all over the internet - not just by me.

On the next street over, Calle Fuencarral, 23, you'll find the equally economical, family-owned/operated Hostal Las Murallas. I've not stayed there before but have toured it and I know the owners personally, in fact. Good people.

This area just north of Gran Vía has dozens of "hostales". Too many to count.

Saludos, MadridMan

#88305 - 09/28/10 01:14 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: MadridMan]
Secretselkie Offline

Great! thanks for those ... 17 is my lucky number so looks like Hostal Chelo may be a winner lol

hope you're having a great day!

angela

#88374 - 10/10/10 06:45 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: Secretselkie]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
I'm sure you'll love Hostal Chelo.....I've stayed there many times
() / ()

#88551 - 11/02/10 08:46 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Lemus, good or bad? [Re: Jan D]
Secretselkie Offline

thanks Jan, always nice to get a 2nd thumbs up :-)
sorry I didnt see your reply before now!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments