Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88408 - 10/15/10 12:46 PM Where to buy Albarino wine in the US?
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Does anyone know of any nationwide retailers (like Costco) that sell albarino wine? I found it at Trader Joe's, but it is sparkling. I'd like to try the "real" thing.

#88409 - 10/15/10 01:07 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
TJ's does have two Albarinos but, like most places, only carry it in summer. Actually, it's quite good and like so much else at TJ - resonably priced!

#88411 - 10/15/10 04:32 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: Puna]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I get ours at Bev MO! Right now they are having there buy one get one for 5 cents. They had a really good albarino for 15 bucks and then I got the second bottle for 5 cents. GReat deal and it was yummy!

#88415 - 10/16/10 07:15 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
in my love for wines, met these folks there are in Seattle,WA and they can help, hubby American, wife is Spanish ,former Spain tourist council member.
http://www.classicalwines.com/
they have, but sell direct to stores, however, if ask they can help refer you to one in your area, they import Albariños and well wines from Spain.

hope it helps

#88416 - 10/16/10 08:58 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: pedmar]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I found / bought off the 'Clearance' rack several bottles of Albarinho at a Roger Wilco store in N.J.

The best Albarinhos are Domino de origin in the Minho valley; you can get an adequate Portuguese substitute called Ribeiro that comes from the North Bank of Rio Minho.

#88417 - 10/16/10 12:23 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: Eddie]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Eddie ... aren´t we talking about the famous Spanish Albariño ? Albarinho is defintely a Portuguese word ...And Ribeiro ( a great style of wine ) is not Portuguese but from Galicia in Northern Spain .
Feel free to correct me on this anybody .

#88418 - 10/16/10 01:22 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: steve robinson]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Ladaque - maybe we should all come to San Diego! That'sa great deal!

#88426 - 10/17/10 10:02 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: Puna]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

teachertraveler8, I'm sure if you asked at your favorite local wine/liquor store (especially a nicer one that has a wide variety of wines and spirits from all over), the employees could find it for you and/or make a special order for you. There is a website that helps one look for specific wine in a specific state called www.wine-searcher.com. According to a quick search I did, you can definitely find albarino at a store called Village Corner in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

If worse comes to worse, you can certainly find it the next time you come to Chicago as there is a large local chain called Binny's (www.binnys.com) that carries it as well as many other Spanish wines.

#88428 - 10/18/10 10:22 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: la historiadora]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, everyone and especially la historiadora for looking in Michigan. I will check with the wine stores. I was just hoping that I could find Albarino at the grocery store as easily as Rioja.

#88448 - 10/20/10 04:25 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Found some albarino at Plum Market. It is La Cana brand. I will try it this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments