Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8816 - 04/08/06 05:04 AM Madrid: Hotel Wellington area, transportation, vegetarian restaurants?
Yoda Offline

Loc: Leeds,England
I'll be visiting Spains capital for the first time next week for four nights, I will be staying in the Hotel Wellington which after checking on this site is in the Salamanca district, I can't drive but do hope to use public transport (it has to be better than British P.T). So I had a few pretty general questions which I hope someone can answer, is the hotel in a nice area, how much in Euro's (approx) would it cost from the hotel to the Airport (barajas)in a taxi, and is there alot to do within that area, this trip is for pleasure not business. Plus i'm not a dressy person, do I need to be...oh and finally I don't eat meat, how are the restaurants for tree huggers like myself ??.

Sorry that they are all a bit general, but i'm a bit of an idiot in foreign places, and any help would be very appreciated, thank you.

#8817 - 04/08/06 06:19 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Wellington area, transportation, vegetarian restaurants?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Yoda! Your questions cover a variety of forum categories here including "Transportation", "Food, Drink, & Entertainment", "Packing" and even "Favorite Places" but no questions, really, for the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum. Since I'm a bit confused as to what to do with your posting I'll leave it where it is.

First, have you conducted a SEARCH of Hotel Wellington in this forum category? Possibly some of the previous reviews have comments on the area of the hotel. You'll find the hotel to be in a very nice area in the Salamanca District.

Salamanca District is considered "higher class" than other districts in Madrid and so people typically dress nicer. But if you go to a restaurant in the area I doubt you'd be turned away until it was a REALLY fancy, black-tie-type place and those are few.

Taxi transportation could cost anywhere from 22-30 Euros in my opinion.

Is there a lot to do in the area? No. Not realy, unless you like shopping. Remember, this is mainly an old, residential district with big houses and international embassies. The thing most worth seeing close to this hotel is the Retiro Park, the Puerta de Alcalá, and that's about it. All other things worth seeing are a bit further away requiring longer walks, bus, taxi, metro.

Regarding your non-meat-eating-classification, check the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum category using keywords MADRID SALAMANCA VEGETARIAN.

Good luck and enjoy your time in Madrid! The hotel is very nice!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8818 - 04/08/06 06:46 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Wellington area, transportation, vegetarian restaurants?
Yoda Offline

Loc: Leeds,England
Ok thanks man, I will search through the forums for more info. Thank you for the help!.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments