Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88136 - 09/03/10 03:20 AM Madrid: Book & DVD Swap
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you live in Madrid and are like me, you've accumulated a number of English language books which you aren't likely to read again and DVDs you've watched once, maybe twice and that's it.

The Book & DVD Swap wouldn't have to be on a specific date but let's use this thread to arrange the swaps or give-aways. Plus, it could give us a reason/excuse to get together with our fellow message board members.

Not only do I have dozens of English-language books I've brought from the USA (fiction, mostly) and those I've bought at Madrid's J&Js English-language bookshop, but I've also accumulated a load of Original Version DVDs I've either bought here or gotten free with a newspaper purchase. Some are Hollywood productions, others Spanish, some international, but all are original version with Spanish subtitles & Spanish dubbing available and are PAL (European video coding for European DVD players).

Someday soon I'll list by title the books and DVDs I'd like to swap/give-away.

I'm finding that over the years my storage space is rapidly shrinking, in great part due to these space-taking things like books, DVDs, clothing and other "junk". Time to clean house!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88144 - 09/04/10 06:23 AM Re: Madrid: Book & DVD Swap [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I like this idea . I too have acumulated 100s of DVDs , Cds and books . With my DVDs , I have to say that it would be a case of lending them out .. I have many DVDs from here in Spain that I know I couldnīt access in the UK . My DVDs are important to me . And I would probably have to say the same for my books and CDs .
I would be happy to lend my "collection" out but I guess I would need to reference them first . But this is a fledgling idea and I think it could work out well for those living in or around Madrid .

#88159 - 09/05/10 01:12 PM Re: Madrid: Book & DVD Swap [Re: steve robinson]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
You know what? Each summer I go to Madrid, I take 3 to 4 English language books to read. i have left many in Madrid as I don't have room to bring them back in my suitcase. Too much ventresca and other canned treats coming home with me.
So, by next summer this exchange will hopefully be up and running and I can contribute. Who knows, I may just leave books at home and read some of yours!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments