Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88056 - 08/15/10 09:45 PM Madrid to London and Back
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
I would appreciate any information on a trip from Madrid to London and back to Madrid. My wife and I will be in Madrid from October 25 to November 8 for the third time this year. We are considering going to visit London for 4-5 days from Saturday, Oct 30 to Wednesday, November 3 (dates are flexible).

In the past we have taken side trips from Madrid to Paris and Lisbon. In Paris we stayed at a small French hotel and in Lisbon we stayed at a Portuguese hotel. If possible we would like to stay at an English hotel near the tourist area. We are opened to any hotel that is reasonable near the Tube.

Suggestions on airports and airlines will be great. Thank you for your assistance.

#88057 - 08/16/10 04:10 AM Re: Madrid to London and Back [Re: Jim Costello]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Cant help with hotels , but the budget airline easyjet Is who I usually use when flying from the UK to Madrid

#88059 - 08/16/10 08:52 AM Re: Madrid to London and Back [Re: eskimo joe]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I'll second eskimo joe on airlines. I've flown EasyJet London (Luton) to Madrid. EasyJet is a bit more Pax-friendly than RyanAir (for example).
London seems to have the highest Hotel rates around: Our last trip to London we stayed at a B&B listed in a Europe on N-dollars a day Travel Guide. It was near Liverpool Street Station

#88064 - 08/19/10 06:07 AM Re: Madrid to London and Back [Re: Eddie]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I don't know what the weather will be around the time of your visit; but there may be an attractive alternative course: Bus Madrid (Avda. de America) to Santander followed by an overnight Cruise to Plymouth (or vice versa). Either way: have a great time!

Somewhere you mention Alameda de Osuna; where Francisco de Goya y Lucientes (el Sordo) was during his 'dark' period. We stay with relatives on C. de la Rioja, 28042 (Madrid) and often bus to Barajas Pueblo for a hearty breakfast of Chocolate con Churros at Toribio's Churreria.

Edited by Eddie (08/19/10 06:08 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling correction

#88072 - 08/20/10 04:00 AM Re: Madrid to London and Back [Re: Eddie]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I go on business often to London from Paris, for reasonable hotels as London is more expensive, you can try the chain Traveloge and Premier Inn, they are all over London.

as to get there from Madrid ,never done it. I guess the ferry from Santander could be the one. The train to Paris and then London will be too long but its another option. You can alos get on Air Europa, Ryanair flight to Paris then the eurostar train to London.

hotels
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/
http://www.premierinn.com/en/

Hope it helps

#88079 - 08/20/10 12:21 PM Re: Madrid to London and Back [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´m going to agree with the majority here . I fly Easyjet to my city of London from Madrid ... Make sure you check in on line and print your boarding pass .. And if you really like to choose your seat I would recommend " speedy boarding " .. It´s a small supplement that lets you board the aircraft ahead of most people . Check their website .
Something I discovered just a few days ago when travelling with AirEuropa ( Barcelona - Madrid ) is that if you check in online and print your boarding pass you can go o the front of the queue !! The only way I knew about that was because I pulled aside an AirEuropa agent to ask if I could avoid the queue of , literally , 2or 3 hundred people . She said , yes , just go to desk 663 ( Barcelona ) .. there was nobody there .. just me and I checked my bag in ahead of all those hundreds of people !!! The desk is called " bag drop " .
So I was checked in to Madrid . My mum´s flight to London was an hour later but I suggested we go to check in anyway ( British Airways ) so she could check her suitcase in and we could be a bit more comfortable . BA had no announcements on the pantallas but they checked my mum in straight away .. no queue again !! We celebrated with a glass of wine and a gin and tonic , airside !

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments