Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87940 - 07/27/10 05:35 AM Madrid Hostal Persal
MaryB Offline

I stayed at the Hostal Persal on my recent visit to Madrid. I can enthusiastically recommend this hostal. It really is more like a 1-star hotel than a hostal. (I'm not sure why it still is classified as a hostal) The room was basic, but comfortable, with a/c and modern bath, in-room safe, closet space. There are chairs/sofas in the lobby area, which makes it nice when meeting up with friends or reading the paper--nice to have a place to relax other than right in your room. There was always someone at the reception desk, and he was very helpful with any questions or requests. When we departed for the airport, the receptionist actually went outside and ran across the plaza to get a taxi for us--had the taxi pull up right at the front door to get us. Breakfast was nice--a cold buffet with toast and croissants, cheese, tea/coffee. juice, cereal--and served in a large comfortable room on first floor. There is a computer available in the lobby (small fee) and free WiFi is available throughout the hostal (good connection in the rooms). The location on Plaza Santa Ana is perfect--right in the center of Old Madrid, but no street noise to keep you awake all night. I paid $75 per double room (total for 2 people), with tax and breakfast included--which I felt was a great deal for July in Madrid. A great choice!

Edited by MadridMan (07/27/10 05:38 AM)
Edit Reason: to include link to the hostal.

#87941 - 07/27/10 06:58 AM Re: Madrid Hostal Persal [Re: MaryB]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Mary, Thanks for the review! Hostal Persal looks great & the location is ideal. Anyone else ever stay there?

#87947 - 07/28/10 02:16 AM Re: Madrid Hostal Persal [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
We'd had a number of reviews of this place in "the early years" of the message board's existence but very few (or none) since then but these were written before the hostel's renovation (and price increase) and are no longer reliable.

Thank you, MaryB, for your new review!!! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87949 - 07/28/10 07:30 AM Re: Madrid Hostal Persal [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I'm not sure how long ago you are talking about, but I reviewed it in a recent post. I was there in June 2009. I had a great experience, except that they almost charged me 11 euros for one cup of tea, but other than that, it was awesome!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments