MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#87866 - 07/15/10 02:50 PM Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Friday, 23 July 2010 will be the date of the next "Party with MadridMan in Madrid". partypair

Where: El Brillante, rear terraza, across from Atocha, immediately below the Hotel Mediodia.
When: 9pm

Thought it was time to return to MadridMan's "old stomping grounds" once again. There, they have two terrazas, front and back, and many tables. Yes, it's a popular place but a few fewer tourists, the beer and food is cheap & good, and there we have history. I'll try to get there a little early to get the first table and see if we can put one or two more together (which is always a challenge - oftentimes it's challenging just to get ONE table!).

I'll wait by the back door while looking/waiting for a table. If I'm not there, wait by the same door and I'll keep an eye out for you.

If someone has any other brilliant ideas about another terraza which might A) be better located, B) be likely to have tables for a group on a Friday night, or C) give us free beer I'm all ears.

Saludos, MadridMan cheers (hope there's not a metro strike on this day)

A photo from our July 2008 gathering. SOME of these same people will be attendance.

And if you don't know already, look for this ugly mug. Yeah, that's me (taken at about 2am in the Chocolatería San Gines).

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87868 - 07/15/10 03:20 PM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: MadridMan]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi
I hope to be able to make this one laugh

I need some time out....am too busy these days, I deserve a break.

#87871 - 07/15/10 06:30 PM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: sallyanne]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
fantastic idea! See you then!

#87881 - 07/16/10 11:04 AM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: esperanza]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I'll let Julie know about this gathering although she has summer classes and it is the weekend before the end of them.

Should have said Juliana, as that is what she prefers in Madrid.

Edited by MadridMan (07/16/10 02:30 PM)
Edit Reason: to combine two consecutive postings.

#87890 - 07/17/10 05:53 AM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: jacmom]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Nice to see the photo again of the night in Plaza San Andrés !!! Wow that was a great meeting ! Wasn´t that the day that uyour friend´s cousin turned up ... just happened to be walking by . I think I have that photo somewhere .

#87904 - 07/19/10 10:44 AM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Someone suggested getting some tables at one of the many terrazas of the much-cooler Casa de Campo instead, right in front of the lake. Any thoughts on this topic? Too far away? Not downtown enough? Too expensive? Unfamiliar?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87906 - 07/19/10 08:06 PM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MM, I think we would prefer to be more centric that night. We have to get up for an early flight to Santiago, so we can't make it a late night frown
But, I hope that is okay with everyone else.

#87907 - 07/20/10 05:29 AM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: esperanza]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Look at Taberna Miranda "Plaza conde de miranda 4" near Plaza mayor,before was a good place,now..I don't know. They have a cave of the 13th century .. very interesting and "huevos rotos y morcilla"were fantastic.

Edited by MadridMan (07/20/10 10:18 AM)
Edit Reason: to combine two consecutive postings.

#87909 - 07/20/10 08:38 AM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I totally love the terrazas in Casa del Campo.. but with the on and off metro strikes it´s probably too far out . Jazz´s suggestion of the 13th century cave is appealing ... but for another day ... too hot to be underground !
Can´t we reserve a table in San Andrés ? I don´t recall the name of the restaurant .. but great location and good food !

#87910 - 07/20/10 10:21 AM Re: Madrid: 23 July 2010 Party with MadridMan [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I agree with the more centric locations. The person suggesting the Casa de Campo claimed that with metro and bus service being nearby that it wouldn't matter - but I'm with you.

Last time we had the gathering at the Plaza de San Andrés they told me I could not reserve tables on the terraza, probably because I couldn't give them an exact head-count. I'd almost rather have it there but that place is so busy and popular that we might be standing for quite awhile and (it's my impression that) they don't serve standers, only sitters.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments