Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87770 - 07/09/10 02:46 AM July: MadridMan Gathering?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Would anyone like an informal, last-minute "Party with MadridMan" in Madrid next week? Maybe Monday, Tuesday, or even Wednesday evening? Heck, ANY day next week would be okay, in fact. I don't think I can do it Saturday or Sunday, though.

Like I said, it's last minute, many Spaniards are on vacation/holiday, and it's hot - so I don't expect many to attend. There are a few visiting American friends I'd like to see again in a social setting so maybe we can all gather together at once downtown?

Comments?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87774 - 07/09/10 01:39 PM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´d be interested for any day .. I Spoke to Esperanza ( FB ) and she would like to meet up . I tried to call you today MM ... Your mobile went straight through to voicemail and your landline just had a message saying the Buzón was full .

#87776 - 07/09/10 04:03 PM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'm not on vacation unfortunately, and I would like to go..

#87780 - 07/09/10 10:09 PM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: jazz]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I won't be there in person (sigh) but I'll be there in spirit. Have a glass of vino (or two) for me! Saludos from across the pond! smile

#87815 - 07/11/10 07:27 PM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: la historiadora]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
have you decided when it will be yet?

#87827 - 07/12/10 11:21 AM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: sallyanne]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Tomorrow is best for me. Anytime after 5 is good.

#87828 - 07/12/10 11:22 AM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: sallyanne]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Let's meet tomorrow/Tuesday at 9pm at the large terraza just north of the Mercado de San Miguel. Does everyone know where that is? It's the newly renovated "market" (term used VERY VERY loosely) just west of the Plaza Mayor.

My Google Maps isn't loading properly so I can't even tell you the name of the bar so let me try to explain...

You're inside the Mercado de San Miguel. There 3 (or maybe 4) entry/exit doors on the north side of the market. If you would exit the westernmost-north side door of the market you would find the terraza across the small street immediately in front of you. I don't recall exactly but there may well be TWO terrazas here, one north of the other one. We'll meet at the first terraza, the southernmost one, but this little plaza goes all the way to the Calle Mayor - just so's you know. smile

(if anyone can zoom in with Google Street View and tell me the name of this bar I'd appreciate it)

9pm is a good time because the sun is behind the buildings by then and a little cooler.

Does this sound okay to everyone?

We'll be a small group with such short notice but everyone is welcome, of course. We're scheduling another gathering for Friday, 23 July too so if you can't attend this one you'll have another summer opportunity.

See you there! wavey Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87832 - 07/12/10 03:36 PM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Have a good meeting time, unfortunately cannot go now, doing last minute adjustment to my schedule at work so can start my summer vacation on the 19 july.
Cheers

#87841 - 07/12/10 05:54 PM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

What?! That's a shame, pedmar, but we understand. Afterall, you live in France! Maybe you can make the 23 July gathering? I'll post-up that soon. ¡¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!!

#87845 - 07/13/10 04:35 AM Re: July: MadridMan Gathering? [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
thanks for the map. it helps picture exactly where to go. Looking forward to seeing you all there and enjoying the (hopefully) coolness of the evening!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments