Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87379 - 05/16/10 05:20 PM non hotels lodging for Madrid and north
eagle60 Offline

Loc: outside of phila. pa
planning a trip next summer for northern spain and we are trying to avoid hotel stays. we are interested in b&b's ,rural lodging and maybe some paradors.would like to travel to San sebastian and maybe over to Galicia .. all suggestions would be appreciated

#87380 - 05/16/10 06:53 PM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: eagle60]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Most of my Spanish friends are Galicians and one of them is involved developing and promoting tourism. He refered me to a project he is involved in that looks interesting. It is a Hospederia Rural in the area of Viana do Bolo on the western edge of Galicia. I have not been there, but I like the area very much.

Eido das Estrelas

Good Luck

Matt

#87387 - 05/18/10 05:09 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: Mongo]
eagle60 Offline

Loc: outside of phila. pa
Matt -thanks for the tip -i have benn to spain 16 times since 1979(i'm a spanish teacher) but never really visited that section o f the country-any other words of advice will be as appreciated.
chuck

#87389 - 05/19/10 03:35 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: eagle60]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I love the look of that place , Matt .. And I´ve never been to Galicia so it´s up there on my wish list now . The Galician Market they had here in Madrid recently really got me thinking . The food and wine was excellent . And the Tarta de chocalate ( en Castellano ) was amazing . A Galician deli has opened recently on Calle Goya .. Small but great quality .. It´s only a 10 minute walk so maybe I´ll check if they have that chocolate " cake " .... Hojaldre .. y el chocolate es duro y muy rico .

#87391 - 05/19/10 07:38 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
check www.turgalicia.es for tourist info in Galicia. I go there often my best friends are from Xove in the north. for b&b you can try this people very friendly folks and knowledgable of the area
http://www.ribeirasacra.com/language_english/inicio_eng.htm
hope it helps

#87695 - 07/01/10 01:03 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: pedmar]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I just discovered a tourism video on the area of Galicia around the hospederia I mentioned.

Tourism video of the Galician town A Veiga

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments