Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
My preferences to travel to Sevilla
1ºAVE
2ºplane
3ºbike
4ºwalking
5ºcar.....dangerous, bored, tired,.... and traffic fines

#87421 - 05/22/10 05:17 AM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you're looking now for how to get from Madrid to Seville, it's not too hard to compare - unless you're someone with somewhat unlimited resources or have the travel-attitude, "You only live once".

Bus: 19.40 Euros for 6 hrs trip
AVE train: 73 Euros for 2.5 hour trip, purchased via internet today - the lowest price for 30 May. Walk-up prices will surely be double that.

So time has passed and you may already be in Spain. What did you decide? After your trip to Sevilla from Madrid, we'd LOVE to hear your observations. If you felt your choice was a good one and why. Or if you have the feeling, "Well, if I had it to do over again I would've chosen the...."

If someone told me, "MadridMan, we need you to come to Sevilla next week for a meeting," what form of transportation would I choose - assuming I was paying for the trip myself, of course. I too may opt for the cheaper bus ride of less than 40 Euros for the round-trip ticket over the, possibly, 140 Euros round-trip on the train. But, and it almost never fails, after about 4 - or 5 - hours on that bus you start asking yourself, "Oh my. Why the HECK didn't I take the train?! I'd have paid quadruple the price to be there already." Never fails. Don'tcha hate it when you're all antsy on that transAtlantic flight, you look down at your watch after 5 hours and realize you STILL have 3 or 4 hours more to go? Ohhh Gawwwwd!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87424 - 05/22/10 09:07 AM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I am watching this thread with interest because my spring break next year falls before Easter, so I am debating going to Seville instead of Madrid and taking the train. I think for me, an American, train travel isn't just a way to get there, it is an experience. We just don't do it much in the US. I am learning that I should buy my train tickets in advance. Will post closer to the time for advice about visiting Seville during Holy Week, unless someone wants to advise now..

#87428 - 05/22/10 05:18 PM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
The train journey from Madrid to Sevilla is a pleasure . Comfortable and fast .

#87431 - 05/23/10 04:45 AM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid

Looking tickets with "Tarifa Web"...32,30€
In general, purchase with a minimum of 15 days in advance. Internet sales only. Places are limited. Cancellations prior to train departure 50% of expenses. No changes allowed.Put them 60 days before departure,there are very few tickets if your planner, you can get a good price but.... can be crazy Renfe's website

#87433 - 05/23/10 05:18 AM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: steve robinson]
chica21b Offline

Steve we are stationed at Ramstein AB in Kaiserslautern is the biggest city near us. We absolutely love the way of life in Europe. It's so much more calming and relaxing compared to crazy busy lifestyle in the states. We have been to many many places outside of Germany not so much in Germany. Though we have been to Koln one of my favorite places. And please YES do send me the info for your friends in the black forest. We went once and have always wanted to go back but to stay the night in the black forest the next time.

#87439 - 05/23/10 09:47 AM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: chica21b]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Chica21b this is the link to my friend´s place :

http://www.schneiderkasparshaeusle.homepage.t-online.de/

The house was built in the 18th century . Check the left hand side menu and there is an option to translate into English . Doris , herself , speaks perfect English .

Steve .

#87445 - 05/24/10 11:29 AM Re: Madrid to Sevilla? Best way to get there? [Re: steve robinson]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Steve, We will be back in Madrid next summer. Juliana will graduate, so we plan on spending time in Madrid, Barcelona (to see our former exchange student) and then on to Germany. Your friend's place in Hinterzarten would seem ideal after the big cities. We will keep them in mind.

To get to Hinterzarten, would you train or fly to Frankfurt as the nearest city of size?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments