Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8731 - 03/19/06 01:50 PM hostal ramos- barcelona
venicebeach Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
A great hostal that my husband and i stayed at is not listed here- Hostal Ramos. In Raval but very close to Rambla Metro Liceu. Excellent location. Place was spotless, nice bathroom, little balcony on our room. Tiny room, but for the price (off season 60 euros) could not be beat. Family run. I suppose some may say the square it overlooks can get a little noisy, but it never bothered us.

#8732 - 03/19/06 04:29 PM Re: hostal ramos- barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Say, do they have a website? (MadridMan Update: Just found the website! http://www.hostalramos.com/ ) I'd like to include it in the Barcelona Hostels, Pensions, and Youth Hostels pages of MadridMan.com. Thanks!

I took several GOOD, LONG walks throughout the El Raval neighborhood/barri of Barcelona. What's their address?

Tick tock..... sitting here thinking....

Wait a second... While usually my memory is about as good as a newborn puppy, I think I actually remember seeing this place. And now, checking my trip notes, I see that I saw this place. It's called Hostal Residencia Ramos and shares the building with Hostal Principal on Carrer de l'Hospital, 36, directly across the street from the church on the Plaça de Sant Agusti, about one block from La Rambla and La Boquería. That's GOT to be the place, correct? As far as I know they don't have a website but maybe they do as of recently.

Say, how did you find this place?

Saludos, MadridMan

[img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVeyTQvQgpVks1ZWGeItUIrNzf9x0Js9krqWczLG5NOapno8qrlUFvhkqV2Pq7zwhJbdPeHPhoZs9Swa6CYKZLgenpnXhQaG+9UJ+RWml6zFogdcYICCg6Qw2x65VsR1EdIGmSj9ko4bIcPEO/27hLOw==[/img] [img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVeyTQvQgpVks1ZWGeItUIrNkL3vJGdRX3Bdm9b+XDlUGV+fNoK/Le56GLj0p/xf0XDknUvyKb+yR7dz7QyiSsd1fYyne1F5i3p1vrCTkPssr/3w+OyQgJjSRdRgQlMDl6+JchDM629gi0ND6kkAXKJw==[/img]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8733 - 04/01/06 02:55 PM Re: hostal ramos- barcelona
venicebeach Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I found it from Time Out Barcelona. They website you mention was the correct one and how I booked my room.

#8734 - 05/01/06 05:36 AM Re: hostal ramos- barcelona
Ryes Offline

Loc: Singapore
HI MadridMan,

Need your help here.

Which other cheaper hotels or hostels is highly recommended to stay at La Rambla

#8735 - 05/01/06 06:17 AM Re: hostal ramos- barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Ryes! Ther are A LOT of recommended hostels and cheaper hotels in Barcelona posted right here in this forum category. If looking for those in the area of Las Ramblas I'd suggest conducting a SEARCH using keywords BARCELONA HOSTAL RAMBLA or BARCELONA HOTEL RAMBLA. Good luck and enjoy your visit to Barcelona!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8736 - 05/01/06 07:08 AM Re: hostal ramos- barcelona
Ryes Offline

Loc: Singapore
HI MadridMan,

Thanks alot.
Another qn, if I have 5 nights in Barcelona, is there enuff places to cover for 5 nights, or would you suggest to fly out to Madrid for say 2 nights instead?

#8737 - 05/01/06 07:32 PM Re: hostal ramos- barcelona
La Artista Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I would suggest going to Madrid as well if you've never been.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments