MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#87319 - 05/11/10 05:31 AM Gay Pride in Madrid
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Whether you´re gay or straight .. "orgullo" or "gay pride " in Madrid is an amazing spectacle with millions ( literally ) of people on Madrid´s streets and partying like crazy in the streets of Chueca ( the gay district ) .According the official site the festivities will start on June 30th and end on July 4th . The main parade ( which can take 4 or 5 hours to pass by ) will be on July 3rd ( Saturday ) . The theme this year is " Por la igualdad transexual" . The march normally starts at Puerta de Alcalá and winds all the way down Gran Vía .
It´s likely to be very hot that time of year and they´ll be plenty of vendors selling water , soft drinks and beer .
In the evening pop music will blast out all over Chueca and the bars will be st up in the streets and squares .
It´s great fun .. And bring your camera .. plenty of photo opportunities .
If you decide to continue the party , Sitges , will be celebrating gay pride in thier own inimitable style by the sea between 9th and 13th July .

#87322 - 05/11/10 11:52 AM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
It's a good chance to enjoy the city and take the streets.

#87328 - 05/11/10 06:32 PM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: PADM]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Looks like I'll be attending the parade. Hope it's more fun than previous years when I gave up early because nothing interesting/outrageous was passing-by. Maybe I went TOO early.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87330 - 05/11/10 07:20 PM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Are there ever any protesters in Spain for something like this? (I am not protesting, just asking the question. I see a lot of hateful rhetoric in the US and it is not productive at all)

#87332 - 05/11/10 08:31 PM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There aren't protesters - as far as I've noticed. And if there were, they'd be greatly outnumbered by supporters.

I just wonder when heterosexuals will get off their duffs and organize a Hetero-Pride parade. Only seems fair. Probably be pretty boring, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87333 - 05/11/10 10:45 PM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Woo Hoo! I arrive on the 1st, just in time for the parade on the 3rd.

#87334 - 05/12/10 05:30 AM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

MM ... There´s normally nothing too outrageous though the leathermen float is very risqué ... There´s always this one guy that marches naked with his body painted in the colours of the Republican movement .
As far as a heterosexual parade is concerned ´.. it wouldn´t be boring ... just different . Like Carnival in Rio de Janeiro .
I always remember the quote " Being straight isn´t normal , it´s just common . " Jejejejeje .
I agree with MM , Teachertraveler8 , you will not see protesters at the march . Millions will be on the streets ( not necessarily in support of gay rights ) but enjoying the party .
Spain does have it´s homophobic side but you rarely see it , even on a normal day .

#87339 - 05/12/10 11:08 AM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
You can see the Hetero-Pride every weekend, he,he,he

Take a look at this (Sorry, it isn't translated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMLTegXbKE

#87340 - 05/12/10 11:51 AM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: PADM]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

I didn´t understand everything and will be watching it again PADM but what I understood was very funny !

#87342 - 05/13/10 01:32 AM Re: Gay Pride in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
When I lived in Madrid , I had been out of madrid all week so didnt realise it was on . Came in to town to go for a curry and got off the metro at Plaza Espana , it was so busy there was not a hope in hell of crossing the gran via

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments