Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#87120 - 04/20/10 12:35 PM Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way?
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I returned from a wonderful 8 days in Madrid and surrounding areas. It was great to be back in my favorite city. Now, I am depressed. I want to appreciate my regular life, but I keep thinking wistfully about Spain and how I wish I were back there. Surely on this website, I can't be alone in this. How do you all cope with the intense desire to run away to Spain? Fortunately I have a "partner in crime" now. My son also loved Spain and he's planning our next trip!

#87122 - 04/20/10 05:04 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
You´re not alone ... I´m just trying to find a way ( after 5 years ) to stay here !

#87123 - 04/20/10 08:17 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: steve robinson]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
I used to but I had a rather bad experience the last time I visited. Besides, Spain's changed too much for me and it's getting way too expensive.

#87124 - 04/21/10 02:57 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: gazpacho]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Im always planning my next trip back as soon as I get home .

#87125 - 04/21/10 06:25 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: eskimo joe]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

How often do you go, eskimo joe, if I may ask?

#87126 - 04/21/10 08:56 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: teachertraveler8]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Usually about 2 times a year , maybe 3 this year . Its a lot easier for me just to pop over from Scotland than come from the States though .

#87127 - 04/21/10 09:13 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: eskimo joe]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I always get "trip depression" when I get home...I just love Madrid and all of Spain. It's hard to find anything good to eat when you get back too, you get use to all the fabulous good food, and just walking the streets and "people watching" is so much fun too. But I'll be back in September, so I can hardly wait. wave

#87128 - 04/21/10 09:35 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: Kipper]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
How often do I go to Spain ..? Oh yes , I forgot , I live here ! Hehehehehe ... Not wanting to brag of course !

#87129 - 04/21/10 11:27 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: steve robinson]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Kipper, how often do you go back?

I am a Spanish teacher, so I have a great reason to visit. (Not that loving the country isn't a great reason to visit) I am also wondering what brings all of you to Spain with such frequency?

#87130 - 04/21/10 02:55 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: teachertraveler8]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I know exactly what all of you feel! I am a teacher too so that gives me the opportunity to take a long trip every summer (last summer, though, I stayed home and planted a garden and enjoyed my city).
Our visits are two-fold. First and foremost, my husband's whole family is there, he is the ONLY one outside of Spain. Next but for myself, it's that I truly love Spain and envision a life there one day, I don't know if it will be next year, in 10 years, or when I retire, but I will be there permanently one day, in my future!!!
I also really want my Americanized daughter to know her Spanish heritage and family !
In the meantime, we have satellite t.v. with TVE, perfect the art of Spanish cuisine, made a paella oven outside, have Spanish friends, take daughter to flamenco lessons, and of course, enjoy all of you on MM message board@@@!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments