Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88224 - 09/13/10 03:53 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: teachertraveler8]
listener042 Offline

Loc: Istanbul, Turkey
@steve : ok, true enough! But it was funny!

#88225 - 09/13/10 04:00 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: listener042]
listener042 Offline

@teachertraveller8: didn't get it and i tried to write you now but it said all the bb blah blah fields weren't filled in. humph....

#88226 - 09/13/10 05:15 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: listener042]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Do you see the where it says "My Stuff" at the top of the page? there should be a little flashing envelope. If you click on it, you can open it. Try again and let me know!

#88227 - 09/13/10 05:16 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: teachertraveler8]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

oops, my fault. I didn't send it properly, I will try it again.

Sorry!

#88231 - 09/14/10 12:45 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: teachertraveler8]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Traveler 024,

You are most definitely not alone in your feelings. Many of us on the board feel exactly the same love for Spain, the Spanish people, the culture, the history, the lifestyle, the food and wine … I could keep adding things but you get the idea.

The first time I was ever in Spain (Madrid originally then all over the country) I had taken off after freshman year in college and wandered around Europe - I fell instantly in love with Spain and that has never changed. After college I lived in Australia, the Honolulu, then San Francisco, then Boston, now Charlotte … and I’ve traveled to innumerable other countries over the years. But my love for Spain has never ever changed except to get stronger and more visceral.

Years later I think I might have figured out part of the reason – my mother, whom I never really knew until I was well into my adult-hood, had been born in France but baptized in Spain where she lived until perhaps age 5. Her Godfather was the then King of Spain. My Mother and I are almost exact physical clones of each other: we move identically, we are both writers, etc. Her other kids tell me it is eerie in the likenesses …

Without commenting on the reasons for this, suffice it to say in my heart has always been in Spain – that I feel Spain is my home, & the tears I shed every time I land in Madrid only increase with each return.

#88232 - 09/14/10 02:09 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Addendum to the above - my Mother's baptismal name was Victoria Eugenia Felecia Angoosta Christabl(e???) Tita - then last name. That mouthful was the curent King of Spains Grandfather's doing!

#88233 - 09/14/10 02:49 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: Puna]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I love Spain ... but when I go back to London and take a black cab ( taxi ) through the streets I cry too . Home is where your heart is .

#88249 - 09/19/10 11:41 AM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: steve robinson]
listener042 Offline

Home is where your passports(s) is/ are issued from :-P

#88270 - 09/21/10 12:59 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: listener042]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well I have four passports::) Actually as one expat put it to me one day, ITS A STATE OF MIND.
Cheers

#88273 - 09/21/10 02:47 PM Re: Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way? [Re: pedmar]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

If someone has an American passport, are they allowed to have more than one?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments