Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#86609 - 02/17/10 10:34 AM Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
about getting together april 7 for lunch in Madrid, we have talking it up in messages, why not see if anybody else is around on that date. Again that date if you are around Madrid.

Talking it to be at Real Cafe Bernabeu. Let me know how many so can make reservations. Cheers

Looking forward to seeing as many as possible from this group at MadridMan.

Edited by MadridMan (02/17/10 06:46 PM)
Edit Reason: to include the city location in the subject line.

#86614 - 02/18/10 06:17 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I will be there!

#86622 - 02/19/10 05:11 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

ok, so if I undertand it so far we have 5 persons?

#86663 - 02/23/10 08:20 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Yes, I believe that is correct, but it would be wonderful if anyone else is in Madrid if they could join us!

#86669 - 02/23/10 01:01 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Pedmar . I think we should book a table for 6 .. And see if we can get one by the window . If you can book it then I´ll write it on my calender . I´m sure I can find one more person for the table .
Teachertraveler8 .. one of the problems about getting people together at high profile places like the Real Café is cost . Spain is one of the worst places to earn money in Europe . To give you an example .. A Spanish friend of mine was working ( subcontracted) to Goldman Sachs here in Madrid ... just as a clerk ... After tax he earnt 1000 Euros per month ... That would not pay , per month , for my apartment . I learnt , pretty quickly ,to be careful discussing money here in Spain . In the UK everybody talks about money , especially in my business of finance . In the US I know it´s common for somebody to ask " what do you make ? " I got that all the time from business colleagues in NYC and Chicago .
However we are lucky here in Madrid to have lots of good , cheap places ( as well as wonderful places like the Real Cafe ) to meet up with big groups of friends .. tapas and cañas .
I am so looking forward to this meeting with all of you !!! It´ll be fun !

#86697 - 03/01/10 12:44 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

reservation made for april 7 at 13h30 for 6 persons at Real Cafe Bernabeu. It will be under my name, so will relay that internally soon .

#86750 - 03/09/10 06:42 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

ok last call for the meeting, I am getting ready to book my flight, and a big excuse at work hehehehehe! will probably arrive late the 6th and catch Ryanair in the afternoon after the lunch so missed only one day.
looking forward to finally see some of the regulars from MadridMan site ,after so many years of writings, and misses ,right MadridMan ::)

Edited by MadridMan (03/09/10 08:04 AM)
Edit Reason: to remove MadridMan's REAL name.

#86754 - 03/09/10 08:07 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
COOL!! Looking forward to it. Thanks, pedmar, for making the reservations for us! See you all on April 7th! I wonder if we should make a meeting point outside of the stadium and walk in together. I'm not even sure where the restaurant entrance is on the street. Maybe we should meet at the door or some other location near the stadium at, say, 1:15pm.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86759 - 03/09/10 12:39 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

I thought that some of us were doing the stadium tour first. Is that correct? I want to do it, anyway, so should I plan to do it before or after lunch?

#86760 - 03/09/10 02:33 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
So what time does the stadium tour start? Or should we just all show up at noon and hope it's over by the time we have our 1:30pm restaurant reservations? Maybe lunch AFTER the tour would be smarter - so we're not so tired/buzzed.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments