Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#86989 - 04/05/10 02:21 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
ok guys resa confirm, we will be there at 13h30 or 1:30 pm ok. I can stay around to around 4pm (16h) as then has to go to see relatives in Leganes/Aluche,they will pick me up at the stadium,and from them go back to the airport. So be there or be square ::)

#86990 - 04/05/10 03:22 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
1:30pm Wednesday, April 7 looks good to me for lunch.

Let's meet at 11:30am at door 47 on Calle Concha Espina and Castellana - to get the Real Madrid tour tickets, according to pedmar. That's at the southwest corner of the stadium. Sound good to everyone?

The above is more of a concrete location because there are three BERNABEU metro exits/entries.

Not sure how long the tour will take. Maybe it's only an hour. Anyone know? If shorter, we could meet later, but unless someone speaks up we'll meet at 11:30 on Wednesday.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86992 - 04/05/10 07:00 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm now looking at Google Maps Street View and door 47 IS NOT on-or even near- the corner of Concha Espina and Castellana. I can't find it, in fact, but it's not there.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86995 - 04/06/10 02:56 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
Not sure how long the tour will take. Maybe it's only an hour. Anyone know?

the tour is off your own steam no guides, so you can take as long or short time as you wish
the first part is up the escalator to the top of the ground and that view is spectacular
i dont know the name of the street but the entrance is the end you would drive up to nearest to Madrid centre, you will find it easy enough with all the people milling around

Edited by billy the man (04/06/10 02:59 AM)

#86997 - 04/06/10 04:07 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: billy the man]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Thanks Billy . That´s great news . I hate guided tours , though sometimes you have to do them .
I am going crazy looking forward to this .. Nearly 6 years in Madrid and I´ve always promised myself I´d organise it .
I used to go to Twickenham ( For non-Brits , it´s the national stadium for rugby .. 82,000 capacity ) to see international games . When you walk into the stadium it literally takes your breath away . And the singing and the noise .. just fantastic .
Santiago Bernabéu is just over 83,000 capacity . It´s going to bring back some great memories .
Oh and remember that it´s only days now until the HUGE game with Barça .. to decide the championship . El Estadio Santiago Bernabéu will be on high alert tomorrow !

#86998 - 04/06/10 04:17 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Okay. So we're meeting at 11:30am tomorrow/Wednesday at Window 10 next to Gate 7 on the Paseo de la Castellana side. See photos of and description of tour (in Spanish) HERE.

The official Real Madrid Stadium Tour page (English version):

Quote:
Tickets:
Window 10 next to Gate 7 (Paseo de la Castellana side)
Tour access located at Gate 20 (Avda. Concha Espina)

General Public:
Children under 14: 10€
Adults: 15€
Madridista Fan Club Members:
Children under 14: 7€
Adults: 10€
Members:
Free
Group and school discounts available

Can you imagine customizing your own visit of the Bernabeu; seeing all the hidden corners and legendary places you've only seen in pictures? Doing so at your own pace, for as long as you wish, on any day of the year? Every Madridista's dream now comes true thanks to the Stadium Tour.

Here's what you will see:

PANORAMIC VIEW OF THE STADIUM
The Tour starts in one of the 8 panoramic lifts at the stadium, giving visitors an idea of the greatness of the team and the Club.

TROPHY ROOM
European Cups, Intercontinental Cups, League titles, Spanish Cups, UEFA Cups, Spanish and European Super Cups, and many more titles make up the most impressive track record any football club has ever had. The trophy exhibition includes videos of legendary fixtures, historical kits, pictures of players from the first team, boots and equipment and a vast array of club-related memorabilia.

WALK AROUND THE PITCH
You will be able to see just how spectacular our stadium is from the ground.

PRESIDENTIAL BALCONY
The Presidential Balcony is reserved for Real Madrid Board Members, those of visiting clubs, important personalities and special guests. It is also the place where numerous Real Madrid captains have received many of the titles the team has won.

PLAYERS' TUNNEL, BENCHES AND COACHING AREA
The players' tunnel is the access point to the benches and the coaching area. Have a seat and picture how coaches see and think about a game.

DRESSING ROOMS
The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium has some of the most modern dressing rooms in the world. Our players wish for the privacy of their dressing room to be respected, so the tour only includes the visitors' dressing room, where you can imagine the excitement players feel before and after a game at the Bernabeu.

PRESS ROOM
Press conferences take place here once matches are over.

STORE
Our shop offers a wide variety of official merchandise where you are sure to find the ideal souvenir to commemorate your visit.

#86999 - 04/06/10 04:22 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Sort of a shame you cannot go into their dressing room .. but " cosas de la vida " . See you guys tomorrow !

#87000 - 04/06/10 05:22 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: steve robinson]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
yes you go into a replica dressing rooms, they have an unwritten code as "what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room" policy, ill bet the dressing rooms would have some stories to tell these past 100yrs or so

#87003 - 04/06/10 07:59 AM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: billy the man]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
i guess i type one more digit from 7 to 47 lol!!! yes I will be there. too bad cant post a photo here or will show the entrance to the tour in gate or puerta 20. lol!

#87007 - 04/06/10 01:38 PM Re: Madrid, April 7: GET-TOGETHER, ANYONE? [Re: pedmar]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ah,

The big get together is tomorrow. I wish I was there. I sincerely hope everyone has a good time.

Gazpacho

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments