MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86746 - 03/08/10 12:10 PM Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Where is the best place for purchasing Valor Chocolates? I know Valor has retail shops in Madrid. Last time, I bought them at the Corte Ingles. Is that my best option or are there better (cheaper) places? Also, is there another kind of chocolate that anyone would recommend?

Gracias!

#86747 - 03/08/10 02:28 PM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I know this may sound a bit crazy , but when I was shopping for an ( expensive ) SLR digital camera there wasn´t much difference in price between the huge El Corte Ingles and independent stores . I bought the camera ( €650 ) at the independent store because I like to invest in those types of places rather than huge multinationals .
However , El Corte Ingles is convenient .. I think that would be your best bet .

#86755 - 03/09/10 08:12 AM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Maybe surprisingly, maybe not, one can buy Valor chocolate in most all supermarkets (I mean real supermarkets, not the convenience stores). I know at my local Max Coop they carry Valor chocolate. Downtown I can't think of anyplace other than El Corte Inglés supermarket and the Valor shop/café itself on the corner of Calle Postigo de San Martín and Calle de las Navas de Tolosa.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86761 - 03/09/10 02:39 PM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I love the Valor cafe that MM suggested! It is so quaint, kind of reminds me of the bell epoque period maybe? Go there and enjoy a cafe con leche with your chocolates.

#86782 - 03/12/10 12:50 PM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes El Corte Ingles has about everything, but for the chocolates go to the Cafe as already advised, its the best experience.

#86789 - 03/13/10 06:02 AM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: pedmar]
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, you can buy Valor chocolate in Eroski or Carrrefour supermarkets (and in a lot of places). You don't need to go to an special place to find it.

Warning!! AhorraMás supermarkets don't buy it...(Sadly is the place where I use to buy in)

#86790 - 03/13/10 09:51 AM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: PADM]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Why do you not recommend AhorraMas? Does it have something to do with the store or the chocolate?

#88680 - 11/23/10 08:26 AM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: teachertraveler8]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I have found Valor chocolates at TJ Maxx, if anyone needs a 'fix'. Large bars with nuts. Certainly, does not have the Valor cafe style, but it is their chocolate!

#88687 - 11/25/10 12:56 PM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: jacmom]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Valor should be easy to find in the USA, it is all over Florida for sure .My family buys it at Delicias de España, go to store and Spanish food for them
http://www.deliciasdeespana.com/store1/intro.asp

#88688 - 11/25/10 04:05 PM Re: Madrid: Best Place to buy Valor Chocolates [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I came up with this blog on chocolates in Madrid, very informative but in Spanish.
http://chocoadictos.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments