Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86587 - 02/13/10 09:52 AM Netbook computers?
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Has anyone used one of the newer netbook computers? In an effort to pack light for a long trip, I'm considering the purchase of one of these to implement blog posts, photo sharing, off-load of video, and such activities. This would replace a medium-sized laptop that probably is out of the question.

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the netbooks, how well they might perform the above operations, and their effectiveness across national boundaries with other network systems.

I 'm not looking to edit video or manipulate the photos, just store for later use. Also keep the email up and running.

#86733 - 03/07/10 03:26 PM Re: Netbook computers? [Re: admiral44]
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, you can (I'm using a netbook)

#86764 - 03/09/10 04:10 PM Re: Netbook computers? [Re: PADM]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

PADM,

What brand of netbook are you using? What operating system? And are you using the wireless function over the cell phone system? If so, which company?

Thank you for any info.

#86785 - 03/12/10 01:27 PM Re: Netbook computers? [Re: admiral44]
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm using a Samsung N130 with Windows XP. I'm conneted to a wifi router (so actually to my phone line) but the netbook is supposed to be able to use a wireless function over the cell phone system.

#86786 - 03/12/10 02:15 PM Re: Netbook computers? [Re: PADM]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
After much deliberation and review reading........

I've recently purchased a Samsung N130, which I'll be using for travelfrom now on ( I usually lug my Gateway laptop and charger around !!).
I've connected easily and quickly to friends wifi, so don't anticipate any problems using wifi hotspots.
I just need to decide which programmes I really need to load on the netbook as I don't want to slow it down to much.

Edited by Jan D (03/12/10 02:16 PM)
Edit Reason: added to
() / ()

#87035 - 04/09/10 03:41 PM Re: Netbook computers? [Re: Jan D]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

I made my netbook purchase in anticipation of my trip to Spain next week. Went with the Toshiba 305. It took several hours to get everything set up but now it's running fine. This unit is small and light. At first I thought the screen might be too small for major word processing, but then I remembered that I used to write quite a bit with a Remington Model 5 manual typewriter which spit out a regular sheet of paper which was actually smaller than the width of this screen.

At any rate, I'll be using it to blog, write, and store photos and give it a thorough workout.

Buenas dias.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments