Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86653 - 02/22/10 03:58 PM Madrid: Hostal Eurosuites?
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Does anyone know anything about this place.

I have found only one review on the web and although the person writes a fairly glowing report, he give it an average rating.

Edited by MadridMan (02/25/10 05:45 PM)
Edit Reason: to include city indicator of the "hostal" in question.

#86654 - 02/22/10 07:48 PM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: Sheryl]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Sheryl! First tell us, where in Spain is it? Let me know and I'll add it to your subject line to indicate its city location. Also, do they have a website? If so, please pass it on too. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86665 - 02/23/10 10:20 AM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: MadridMan]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Maybe this one

www.hostaleurosuites.com
Calle de Chinchilla, 1
28013 Madrid, Spain

() / ()

#86667 - 02/23/10 10:28 AM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: Jan D]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Possibly. Let's see if Sheryl can confirm it's the one in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86668 - 02/23/10 12:50 PM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
On a tangent .... Sheryl you live in Lowell !!!! The birthplace ( Lupine Road ) of my hero , Jack Kerouac . His novel "On the Road" changed my life !

#86674 - 02/24/10 02:14 PM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: steve robinson]
Sheryl Offline

Sorry for the delay in responding...to my own question to boot...but have been correcting papers for days (I am a professor of Spanish and Italian at UMass Lowell...and I'm not sure what language the students used on their exams!)

The response is that Eurosuites is in Madrid...as JanD mentions. The prices seem reasonable and for a somewhat extended stay, the rooms appear to be somewhat large.
-----------------------------------------
Lowell is also the birthplace of Bette Davis, Olympia Dukakis, Cardinal O'Connor (the 1st American born Cardinal) and the Second Industrial Revolution. On another note, I live around the corner from Kerouac's last house.

#86677 - 02/24/10 04:54 PM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: Sheryl]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Sheryl .. you´re making me very very jealous !! I know that Kerouac played football for UMass Lowell and wrote about it in his book " The vanity of Duluoz " . Bette Davis was great . Olympia Dukakis is wonderful ... I loved her playing Mrs Madrigal in "Tales of the City " !
Wow !!! you teach Spanish and Italian .. that´s impressive !

#86678 - 02/24/10 08:00 PM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: steve robinson]
Sheryl Offline

And who could forget Bette Davis in Mr. Skeffington (or for that matter, anything!) Her house, painted a totally atrocious combination of colors (hot pink and green) is within walking distance of my house.
Did you know that she refused to tell people that she was from Lowell? She preferred to say that she was from Boston!...Lowell was (and for that matter... still is) a working class immigrant city.

As for the teaching...well today I finished my civilization class (mind you...advanced Spanish majors) telling them about Juana la Beltraneja...and their first question?...was that Juana la Loca? They have no idea who either is...but just assume that any Juana I mention from the Middle Ages (for them that means anything over two hundred years ago) is La Loca...(even though Juana la loca pertained to the era of the early Renaissance).

A few weeks ago, in discussing the Spanish Inquisition, I mentioned that it was started in 1476 and that it was controlled by the Domincan branch of the Catholic Church. My students from La Republica Domincana got insulted...asking what they had to do with the Spanish inquisition. Of course, I looked at them with bewilderment until I understood what they were thinking and asking. I then explained that they didn't have anything to do with the inquisition, but they insisted that Dominicans are from the island. Ultimately, once they let me get a word in edge wise, I explained that I was talking about the Catholic Church and that 1476 was still way before the age of Columbus and therefore before their discovery...they did not seem to understand.

By the way, Mel Brook's History of the World part I deals with this horrific moment in history the best I ever seen within a span of 8 1/2 minutes and explains clearly the time, fear and horrors. (Torquemada...Torquemada...you can't talkhimoutta nada!)

Edited by Sheryl (02/24/10 08:15 PM)

#86680 - 02/25/10 09:02 AM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: Sheryl]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi again, Sheryl! Glad you're back. I was hoping you could clarify the location of the "hostal" in question. Is it, in fact, the one in Madrid or was it the one in Cádiz? Please let us know so I can edit your subject line to include the location. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

#86683 - 02/25/10 05:31 PM Re: Hostal Eurosuites [Re: MadridMan]
Sheryl Offline

The Eurosuites about which I am inquiring is the one in Madrid.

Sheryl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 805 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments