Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86632 - 02/20/10 03:04 PM Madeira
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
On a really sad note , I´d like to extend my condolences to our Portuguese neighbours . Many have died today on the island of Madeira through flooding and landslides .

#86634 - 02/21/10 02:59 AM Re: Madeira Island [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That is a true shame. I hadn't heard about it! It seems 32 people have died.

Madeira Island, for those of you who didn't know (like me, embarrassingly), is off the west coast of Africa, just north of Spain's Canary Islands. (article in English)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86639 - 02/21/10 12:43 PM Re: Madeira Island [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Good idea, i just email my friend there and not her from her yet since last night, hopefully she is ok. and of course my CR is worry too, hope not too much for tonite game.

I saw the videos and its awful bad. Thanks for bringing that on.
I am too saddened and hopefully there wont be any more lost of life.

#86651 - 02/22/10 09:57 AM Re: Madeira Island [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

So Real Madrid win 6-2 against Villarreal!!! They say it was Cristiano Ronaldo´s best game for the club .. I watched the highlights . He dedicated his game to Madeira and was wearing a t-shirt under his official shirt with "Madeira" written on it . He was born in Funchal , the capital of Madeira , in 1985 . 42 people are now confirmed dead and Portugal has announced 3 days of national mourning .
CR9 did his island and his team proud !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/feb/22/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-villarreal

#86661 - 02/23/10 07:38 AM Re: Madeira Island [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

The daily sports newspaper here "Marca" had the headline yesterday : " Dios vestido de CR9 " ... Seems Ronaldo is the hero of Real Madrid right now ... His footwork is amazing . Even Sir Bobby Charlton said that when he first saw Ronaldo play ( years ago ) he sat up and realised this was a prestigious talent .
This post, by the way , is no lack of respect to the many that have died in Madeira of which i´m sure many Europeans have been shocked by .
It´s just a follow on about the Ronaldo thing ... These threads " evolve " !

Edited by steve robinson (02/23/10 07:50 AM)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments