Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86507 - 02/04/10 11:43 AM How do CD prices compare between Spain and US?
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
After discovering pandora radio, I have found several new Spanish groups that I really like. I am wondering how much the average CD costs in Spain? It seems like the prices were a bit higher there than the $15 average here. (that would be about 10-12 euros, I think) However, the amazon price of some of the cds is higher, I believe because it is from Spain. Anyway, can someone tell me what the average price of a cd is and the best place to buy them in Madrid? (Last time, I picked up four cds at the Corte Ingles)

Thanks!

#86508 - 02/04/10 02:32 PM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
thats where I buy too as it more convenient,and have account there. But depends on the CD. I had purchase them for as low as 7 euros, and a high of 22 euros. When I went to the STates last year I found it to be about the same prices from a Best Buy or f.y.e. Entertainment stores in Florida. The same with DVD and videogames.

#86512 - 02/04/10 03:44 PM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
If you´re in Puerta del Sol it is definitely worth checking out FNAC in Callao before buying at El Corte Ingles . FNAC is French owned , I believe , and is a huge store for DVDs , CDs , computer games , books etc... . Also , if you want to find 2nd hand cds go to Calle Montera where there are a couple of small but , if you´re interested in music , fascinating stores !

#86524 - 02/06/10 12:11 PM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I know FNAC and the prices cant compete with El Corte Inglés, maybe in some on site sales but not for a visitor like us. CE is better in my opinion. And I am French too ::)

#86526 - 02/06/10 12:23 PM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

I have to disagree Pedmar . I have bought a huge amount of DVDs and CDs here in Madrid over the last 5 years and I would say that 90 pct of the time , FNAC is cheaper .. I have 200 DVDs and maybe 200 CDs that I have bought here in Madrid and I always check El Corte Ingles and FNAC . FNAC is almost always cheaper here in Madrid .

#86527 - 02/06/10 04:21 PM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: steve robinson]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I always compare El Corte Ingles to FNAC and more often than not, I find FNAC less expensive. The best prices overall that I find are at a place called Tipo-Rosa Negra on Calle de la Montera and Calle de San Alberto, but that's mostly Rock music. The Rosa Negra is at Plaza del Carmen.

Happy music hunting! It's one of my favorite things to do in Madrid believe it or not.

#86530 - 02/07/10 07:11 AM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: Rodolfo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

maybe it is that I am online with El Corte Inglés in Madrid have an account so receive sales all the time, when I go and it coincides I load up on it. FNAC i just stop by and do not match in my experience. And I do buy FNAC in France and here they have less competition a bit from Virgin,period.

#86531 - 02/07/10 07:11 AM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Steve, I have been buying from El Corte Ingles since 1971, old customer ::)

#86534 - 02/07/10 09:50 AM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

My "experience" is that FNAC is cheaper ... your "experience" is that El Corte Ingles is cheaper . No worries .. In the city centre it´s a 5 minute walk from El Corte Ingles to FNAC . So anybody wanting to buy CDs or DVDs can just check both , no ? It´s not a big deal . I would , however , agree that El Corte Ingles´s flamenco department IS cheaper . I prefer the employees in FNAC .. always helpful and lots of good knowledge . In El Corte Ingles they really do not want to help !
I think you may be right , Pedmar , that on-line things are different . I hate shopping on-line ( but I do it ! ) .. Maybe Corte Ingles offers a better service than FNAC . I will definitely check that out . By the way Bonne Chance ! Le Rugby contre Scotland aujourd'hui . Je crois que L'equipe Française est plus forte ..
Allez les bleus !.. Congratulations to La France .. a great win in le rugby !

Actually , Pedmar , the first time I went to FNAC was at Les Halles in Paris in 1984 ! And I loved it .. . I was 18 years old and staying with a French family in Montigny lès Cormeilles in the suburbs of the city . I spent some time at the Lycée Condorcet in Rue d'Amsterdam and at a municipal school in Argenteuil . The Lycée Condorcet was very special because I studied French literature . One book was "La Gloire de mon pére " by Marcel Pagnol ( fantastic book ! ) . Pagnol was a teacher at the Lycée Condorcet and the headmaster told us that he had met him . Magical . I also went to Versailles , of course , which was amazing !

#86536 - 02/08/10 08:31 AM Re: How do CD prices compare between Spain and US? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

i know the area very well, there is a FNAC by the Lycée Condorcet in the passage du havre shopping center(just outside from the gare Saint Lazare). I am in Versailles but work by porte maillot in Paris, so the best of both worlds ::). 1971 was my first time in Paris ,when I was living in Madrid by my signature Quintana. FNAC in Les Halles still there,but there is a big renovation project there until 2015 ,getting neighborhood approvals nowdays for it.

a brief explanation, El Corte Ingles does deliver to France and Europe for that matter, but what I do best is to check the sales prices and have the order waiting for me in Madrid by Paseo de la Castellana store near Bernabeu. I did play benjamin division for the Real Madrid so go there often , was there in the Malaga game in Fondo Norte. So shopping at El Corte Inglés since 1971, had the best experiences of my life there, great service all the time, and when I live there even knew all the salespeople in the music,movie dept! back in the 70's another Spain, nothing like the one you live now...much better now.

On gagne en rugby 18 X9 pas mal dans le jeu mais il faut faire mieux contre l'Eire !! On va gagner tout ::) Allez les Bleus.

Spain still in B level game postponned vs Rumania. so the beauty of these forum, and I do participate in many in fact doing a get together in 2011 in Paris worldwide visitors, is that we can propose our ideas and the OP choose at the end,no idea is wrong, just different approach.
Cheers
A+

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments