Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86429 - 01/28/10 07:29 AM Hi again!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Hi again MadridMan and community! It's been a long time since the last time I posted here... more than three years!
During this time I have gone through some personal trouble, and overcome it. I moved from Madrid to Bilbao, and then back to Madrid again. I worked abroad, around London and Brussels.
And then I'm here again, willing to help anyone who needs information about Madrid, Spain or whathever! smile
I hope this site keeps doing its wonderful task, despite all the problems this world has been going through these last years as well. Keep on visiting our country, you'll be welcome!

Edited by deibid (01/28/10 07:55 AM)

#86435 - 01/28/10 10:10 AM Re: Hi again! [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
You´re in Colmenar Viejo .. I went there once by mistake ( a long story ) ,, But it looked a nice place My ex room mate did his "mili" there ... And I love Bilbao .. Pintxos in Getxo , taking the amazing , incredible suspended cable car across the water .. Portugualete ... An unforgettable experience .

#86444 - 01/29/10 05:41 AM Re: Hi again! [Re: steve robinson]
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Well, Colmenar is a quite big and messy town, like a section of central Madrid placed in the middle of the Sierra. But I like it because: it is close to the mountains, air is cleaner, it snows more and I can get to Bilbao in just 3 and half hours!

#86445 - 01/29/10 06:09 AM Re: Hi again! [Re: deibid]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome Back, deibid!! wavey

Glad to see you back 'round these parts. And, my goodness, you have traveled! No doubt you now have lots of experience to share. So welcome back! Maybe we could get together one of these days for lunch or a late afternoon lunch, maybe better for you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86447 - 01/29/10 06:58 AM Re: Hi again! [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Actually I had a Nicaraguan friend who had a serious illness and was admitted to the Ramón y Cajal hospital . She told me it was in Colmenar Viejo ... NOT Careterra Colmenar Viejo . I was on the Cercanía train and admiring the landscape , the eagles ( maybe vuitres ) flying above , goats in the fields , and wondering how a big hospital could be out here . Of course when I eventually arrived in Colmenar Viejo , I asked the lady at the train station where this hospital was and she said it´s back in Central Madrid .. Luckily the train was just leaving to go back to Madrid and I jumped on and finally got to visit my friend !

#86448 - 01/29/10 07:04 AM Re: Hi again! [Re: MadridMan]
deibid Offline
Executive Member

WOW MadridMan, a lunch would be great indeed! I work now around the A6 area, in Las Rozas. And among other changes in my lifestyle I own a car now, so anywhere from Moncloa to Plaza de España would be ok for me to have a break from work and a (not so) quick lunch.
Working in Europe has allowed me to improve my English conversation, now I'm not shy! I recommend everyone to work-study-whatever abroad, it is so stimulating!
PM me so we can make plans! cheers!

#86451 - 01/29/10 07:46 AM Re: Hi again! [Re: deibid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Hey Debid ... Mi compañero de piso trabaja en Las Rozas ( El " Village " ) . Ralph Lauren . The outlet village has great bargains if you like clothes !

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments