Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8616 - 12/30/05 04:43 AM HeLP Meeee
MeRFeee Offline

Loc: Turkey
Im thinking of interrail..And i wanna come to Spain!!!I really like spanish peoplee smile But i need help.I have 6-7 days for Spain and need information about hostels and places and price
Thank youuuuuuuuu smile

#8617 - 12/30/05 11:27 AM Re: HeLP Meeee
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Spain is a big and diverse country. Do you have any ideas what cities/towns or areas of Spain you like to see? When are you planning to visit? What are your interest besides meeting Spanish people?

If you tell us this would help you get the advice you are seeking. laugh

Bill

#8618 - 12/30/05 06:24 PM Re: HeLP Meeee
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Check the "About Spain" forum category for past discussions about Spanish People. And yes, please narrow for us your destination cities and we can better advise you. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8619 - 12/30/05 07:04 PM Re: HeLP Meeee
MeRFeee Offline

Loc: Turkey
Ok i wanna visit Madrid Barcelona and i dont know cities.. you should advise me... i like football because of this i know these cities...and thanks madridman i will check category of ''about Spain''

#8620 - 01/03/06 10:52 AM Re: HeLP Meeee
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

You cannot go wrong visiting Madrid and Barcelona. Other popular cities in Spain are Sevilla and Granada.

But with 6-7 days, I would recommend visiting only one or two. This will cut down your travel time to your next destination.

You can visit Madrid or Barcelona and there is plenty to see and do for a week in each city. If you feel you want to visit another city, Barcelona and Madrid are completely differnet cities, you can find cheap flights between these two cities.

You can find inexpensive places to stay in Madrid/Barcelona, but depending when your are coming that could be a problem to find places that have room available.

Bill

#8621 - 01/03/06 09:11 PM Re: HeLP Meeee
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MerFee,

Barcelona and Madrid are very large and beautiful cities, each well worth at least 4 days.

If I were in your shoes and wanted to have fun I would make my first visit to Madrid. Make that my hub. If I had 6 days, then I would spend 4 enjoying all Madrid has to offer, the museums, the nightlife and take two one-day each side trips to Toledo and Segovia.

The lovely city of Segovia, where you will find a Roman Aqueduct, the best cochinillo (roast pig), and one of the most charming castles in Spain. That is a one day side trip.

Then I would recommend a visit to Toledo, the city is a work of art in and of itself. It is a jewel.

The train or bus ride to Toledo is about an hour by train. Segovia is about 2 hours.
You can read all about the Madrid nightlife; Toledo and Segovia by doing a quick search.

Buen Viaje!
Booklady

#8622 - 01/04/06 04:41 AM Re: HeLP Meeee
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
Hello MeRFeee, it all depends on wich kind of town you want to visit.

If you visit Barcelona or Valencia you will see two towns very "europeans".
If you want to see the clichee idea of Spain that a lot of tourists have then you have to go to Granada, Sevilla or Córdoba.

If you want to visit towns with flavour of the imperial spaniard past you must go to Madrid, Toledo or Segovia.

If you want to visit the green north you should go to San Sebastian and Santiago de Compostela.

If you are only going to stay 1 week I recommend you visiting only Madrid and Barcelona, two big, great and totally different towns.

Enjoy the travel.

#8623 - 01/05/06 06:08 PM Re: HeLP Meeee
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Pero Pippo, do you really think one week is enough for two of Spain's biggest metropolises? Counting travel you are really talking about 3 nights in each city.

#8624 - 01/06/06 01:00 PM Re: HeLP Meeee
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I'm in agreement with Booklady - stay in one city and explore!

#8625 - 01/06/06 01:35 PM Re: HeLP Meeee
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Maybe three nights in each city is good for a student from Turkey?

Bill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments