Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8601 - 11/29/05 04:51 PM Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments?
camacho Offline

Loc: US
Those look nice on the web site and the location seems perfect? Anyone stayed at Caballero de Gracia Apartments ?

Thanks in davance!

#8602 - 12/01/05 03:51 PM Re: Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments?
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
The area is fine, Its near a street where there are prostitutes hanging out but its not necessarily dangerous since its right in the center and lots of people are around all the time. There is also a couple of 4 star hotels nearby so you will see all kinds of people. Also there is a restaurant on that street called "La Gloria de la Montera" that is quite good with great prices. No reservations accepted though so get there early (before 10pm) on weekends.

#8603 - 09/23/08 04:09 PM Re: Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments?
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
So has anyone stayed here?

This is one of the places we're looking into.

Looks cool.

Gracias

#8604 - 09/24/08 09:25 AM Re: Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I've not stayed there but know the street well as it runs parallel to Gran Via and , in that respect , could not be more central . It's also not that noisy ( by Madrid standards ) .
I agree with janel about the prostitute situation . Caballero de Gracia , at one , Meets Calle Montera .. reknowned for being "prostitute alley" in Madrid . But the girls are there morning ,afternoon and night , and since a very modern Police station has recently opened up on Montera there's almost no worries about any danger . I've certainly never experienced it .
If you're a single male you're likely to be propositioned but not aggressively .
Madrid is a typical city where poor meets rich or prostitution meets the church within a couple of blocks of each other .. That's why it's so exciting to me , even after more than 3 years living here . Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments