Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#86006 - 12/12/09 03:51 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Thanks for the link Mongo , very interesting .
I was in a Bar off of Bravo Murillo and it had a great photo of Fran as a kid with his grandad Antonio Ordonez and Miguel Bose who was Dominguin's son .

#86021 - 12/13/09 04:23 PM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: PADM]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Saturday activists posed naked in the Puerta del Sol, in abuse against animals, including bullfighting, was very cold to be naked.Is fun" puerta del sol"

#86022 - 12/13/09 04:28 PM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Don´t think I would be wanting to parade my "goods" naked on a cold day for any cause ! Us men would understand that I´m sure !

#86026 - 12/13/09 09:04 PM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: steve robinson]
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Well, Steve, in the cold, at least they wouldn't mistake you for someone selling tickets to 'el gordo' (sorry, if that was too off-colour!)

#86027 - 12/13/09 10:20 PM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: Shannon McDonough]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
rolleyes

#86030 - 12/14/09 03:53 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: Mongo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Hahahahahahaha . Now back to bullfighting hehehehehehehe !

#86033 - 12/14/09 04:12 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: steve robinson]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
When he was alive, the elder Ordonez was often seen around the plaza in Ronda. I understand he had some kind of business interest there. I know lots of people who claimed to have seen him there.

#86051 - 12/15/09 09:54 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: Donna Cuervo]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Well, while I respect that it is a very old Spanish tradition, I hate bullfighting and think that it is barbaric. I wouldn't mind if it was more evenly balanced, but honestly, after the picadors have done their job (on their heavily padded horses) the bull is already dying, so really, the toreador doesn't have to do very much as by the time he gets there the bull is already on its way out, and very weak. I went once when I was younger, but never again. I can't even bear to watch it on the TV.

I don't like fox hunting, dog fighting, cock fighting or any other kind of blood "sport" either.

#86052 - 12/15/09 09:54 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: sallyanne]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

ha, just realised that my signature is quite appropriate for this topic smile

#86054 - 12/15/09 10:21 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: sallyanne]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

I hear what you´re saying SallyAnne , but the toreros are part of the fight , even before the picadores have come in , and they´re on hand throughout the bullfight . The main fight , I agree , is after the picadores and the bandilleros , but the toreros put themselves clearly in the line of danger . And , as has been mentioned before , toreros have been killed or severely injured by the bull . Yes , the bull will always die , but the torero has to be brave to face the bull .The bull is weakened before the torero takes centre stage , but it´s not "weak" .. It´s still very strong and agressive . I´ve faced a small bull and it was scary .. They are bred to be agressive and fast .. That they definitely are !

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments