Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85870 - 12/01/09 03:49 PM Songs of the year
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
I suppose that spanish music doesn't sound out of Spain (as we don't know what French listen). So, for those who are curious about what music we made on Spain, here are some examples. You'll find them on YouTube (OK, the videos are bad, he,he, just listen to the music)

- Pereza. Violento Amor.
- Fito y Fitipaldis. Antes de que Cuente Diez.
- Macaco. Tengo.

#85873 - 12/02/09 05:15 AM 2009: Songs of the year [Re: PADM]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good topic, PADM! And welcome to the message board!!! wave

I'd also vote for Junior's "Quiero Verde", which is a rap-flamenco mix in which the song itself is, so I've been told, a very very old song but remade and re-sung in Junior's own style. Check it out. Even if you don't like rap (not filled with swear words or violent content), I think you'll quickly find yourself humming this one to yourself. The below video isn't the official one because the music studio has disabled embedding of all official videos on YouTube. It does, however, include the music track:

BELOW: Junior's "Quiero Verde":

The group Fito y Fitipaldis has become VERY popular in Spain. They make very good music. I've heard their song, Antes de que Cuente Diez, a few times before but mainly because some friends of mine are like super-fans and have seen them 3 times in concert - and considering seeing them again in Madrid (if tickets still remain - doubt it) for the end-of-December concerts.

Nor am I familiar with Macaco's Tengo. But the HUGE song by them/him right now is a very catchy (i.e. "silly") song called Moving, which is an English-Spanish mixed language song. It's entertaining. The SECOND music video (and probably the more popular one) for this song, produced by/for The National Geographic Channel, stars countless SPANISH movie and music stars I think you'll all recognize - plus a couple of Latin American stars, also very well known (we'll see if you can pick them out) to "quiz your knowledge").

BELOW: See Macaco's "Moving" video:

BELOW: Fito y Fitipaldis video of "Antes de que Cuente Diez"

And for those wondering, YES, you CAN embed YouTube videos here. You have to go click the button "Switch to Full Reply Screen" below the text editor, then click the icon which looks like a video screen, choose your video type, and enter the appropriate information.

Any other SUPER POPULAR "Spanish Songs of the Year" (i.e. from Spain) you'd like to mention?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85905 - 12/03/09 04:42 PM Re: 2009: Songs of the year [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MadridMan, I listened to the Quiero Verde song and I know you mentioned that you thought it was an old song. It is really based on a García Lorca poem called Romance sonámbulo I am posting another version of the song that I absolutely love As a fellow Flamenco afficionado, I know you will like it!

#85909 - 12/03/09 05:55 PM Re: 2009: Songs of the year [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I KNEW (actually, I forgot) that was a García Lorca poem! The Ana Belén version is pretty too. Wonder if she can rap. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments