Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85783 - 11/22/09 08:04 PM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: Jan D]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
"was not talking about january, but december. I know january will be a lot better.I dont use Venere, used to lived in Madrid and visit often,every year at least. I deal with them directly. I am Spanish too why read a book by Sandra G who?? I know Madrid and Spain better ::)"

Sorry to waste your time with my utterly useless response. Why did you ask for help when you're already an authority on all this?

Edited by Donna Cuervo (11/22/09 08:12 PM)

#85784 - 11/22/09 09:21 PM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By esperanza
The Hostal Chelo is a bit less expensive, but it does not have wifi.
Hostal Chelo has had WiFi for the last 2 or 3 years, I think. The rooms are simpler than Hostal Adriano, that's true, but they're also much cheaper.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85792 - 11/23/09 11:52 AM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: MadridMan]
JA Offline

Loc: usa
To Donna Cuervo:

You are right and you are always helpful.

JA

#85999 - 12/11/09 06:21 AM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: Jan D]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
ok Adriano now has it for January, quoting 60 euros! rather stay in areas away from the center mobs. I know well the metro gets you anywhere easily.
so ,picky me, you have any suggestions?

#86007 - 12/12/09 04:14 AM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: pedmar]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
There is some great deals at hotels at the moment , have a look through tripadvisor Im staying at the best western Arosa for 95e fro 2 nights. We stayed there in 2002 and only found out the name of it again the other week ( my daughters name is Arrosa)

#86008 - 12/12/09 05:55 AM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: eskimo joe]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Joe .. That´s not your normal style .. I thought it was the Wellington on the Ritz for you !!

#86009 - 12/12/09 01:52 PM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Well to answer everybody, I know Madrid very well, lived there for 4 yrs,and visit every year for upteems times. As I have said, used to rent hotels (Intercontinental Castellana for example) and apartments around Goya and Ramon de la Cruz. But hearing all about hostals, and decided lets ask the forum as Ihave seen quite a bit of info sharing.

well never mind, a friend from the industry in Madrid is given me an "amigo" rate at one of the better hotels in town, too hard to resist again hotel bound.
So THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE ANSWERED WHETHER YOU THINK WAS USEFUL OR NOT, IT WAS USEFUL.
maybe next time .Cheers

#86010 - 12/12/09 02:28 PM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Hey Pedmar .. Have a great time in Madrid . Maybe , one day , we´ll get to meet !
Have a wonderful christmas . Steve

#86011 - 12/12/09 02:54 PM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
It depends on the occasion Steve , since im coming over on my own I dont need to please the missus by taking her to a swish hotel . I had been planning on a hostal but recently found out the name of the hotel we stayed at when we came over with my best man and his girlfriend and it was the Arosa , so there is sentimental reasons for choosing that .
In the last month and a half we stayed in the Midland in Manchester , and the Scotsman in Edinburgh , so I have the fancy hotels out of my system for a wee while !

#86013 - 12/13/09 10:43 AM Re: Madrid: looking for hostal weekend [Re: eskimo joe]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

It will be a pleasure STeve, I will be in Madrid again Jan 23-25 going for the Malaga game of you know who, my lifetime team, played benjamin for them and very much involved, its what keeps me coming back to Madrid whenever I have a chance. Cheers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments