Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8577 - 11/27/05 05:15 AM Barcelona:: Ramblas *****
wanderlywagoneer Offline

Hi, when in Barcelona recently i EVENTUALLY found a cool place to stay and thought i should share it with the world seeing as there is little info on BCN on this messageboard and frankly there are a lot of BAD hostels in Barcelona...

after staying 2 nights too long in a well known hostel in the city centre that was terrible, we chanced upon a guy (Steve) talking to some tourists near the information office. he told us about Ramblas *****, where for the same price as a dorm bed, we could sleep in our own private room in a large hostel-apartment with kitchen!! Free WiFi!! and 2 bathrooms.
the place is centrally located just off the Ramblas, its clean - cleaning lady comes daily - and has a good international atmosphere - mostly 20-30 yr olds.

the place has singles, doubles, triples, quads so it seems like any group can be looked after.
we had a large double room, with balcony and it was 17.50 each per night!!

their motto is kind of cool:
why sleep in a dorm with 20 snoring strangers when you can have a Ramblas Room for the same price?!

their email is: Ramblas*****(AT)gmail.com (AT)=@
or you can tel +34 620 *** ***

#8578 - 11/27/05 07:38 AM Re: Barcelona:: Ramblas *****
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
Hi, when in Barcelona recently i EVENTUALLY found a cool place to stay and thought i should share it with the world seeing as there is little info on BCN...
RECENTLY??? According to your IP Address you're STILL in Barcelona! Hmph! mad

You register yourself at our message board and the first posting you make is regarding an unknown establishment, claim to have been in Barcelona RECENTLY when you're STILL there, the review is dripping with nothing but positive feedback, and the phone number you give to the establishment is that of a cell phone?

Looks and smells like SPAM to me. mad

Then, after just a little more digging, I find your username on another message board, that of Hostels.com, in a thread ( HERE ) where you state:
Quote:
Author: wanderlywagoneer
Date: 04-28-05 18:12

hi,
im based in barcelona and theres some good rock climbing in the area. the montjuic park where the olympics were held has some good walls for example and then theres hundreds of out of town routes to choose from. i'd be very keen to join you climbing here if you pass thru - send me a mail. ive got the basic equipment and some climbing experience.

if you need to organise accommodation while here, try the...
Saludos, MadridMan rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments