#87002 - 04/06/10 07:52 AM Re: Renewing US Passport in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
of course, been doing it for years ::)

#88178 - 09/08/10 05:05 AM Re: Renewing US Passport in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
I think the embassy in Madrid has a fotomat for those who need photographs. I think they also have an expedited service (same day?) for around 90€.

#88179 - 09/08/10 06:19 AM Re: Renewing US Passport in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is all good information as I'll have to renew mine next year. Sounds a lot easier/faster than renewing a Spanish DNI card, that's for sure.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89318 - 03/22/11 06:53 AM Re: Renewing US Passport in Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm now studying this thread - and others like it - as I'll have to renew my US passport in the next few months. I WON'T put it off until the last minute, either. xfingers I should get in touch with my contact at the US Embassy too just in case the process has changed recently.

UPDATE: The US Embassy in Madrid has changed their website address from embusa.es to http://madrid.usembassy.gov/

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89320 - 03/23/11 06:46 AM Re: Renewing US Passport in Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes the embassies are getting "secure" hehehehe, now the one in Paris requires online appointment setting, and go with that paper to the Embassy Lol! Then you mingled with all non Americans like sardines in a hallway and wait for a number at the time of your appointment !!!

At least the French do it privately and no appointments ::) Have not renew my Spanish passport in years, but use the DNI !

#90683 - 03/13/12 03:14 AM Re: Renewing US Passport in Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE: Not meant to return attention to this particular blog post now, but noticed it didn't include my own experience from last September's passport renewal. For those who found this thread, feel free to read about it on my blog entry: "Passport Renewal at Madrid's US Embassy".

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments