MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85197 - 08/31/09 05:41 AM Re: General - Clothing [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Daniel . That´s the big white church i´m guessing . Just down the road from me ( Metro Velasquez ) .. Astonishing building , though i´ve never been inside . They have a little flower/plant shop just to the left of the entrance . I photograph that church often .
The one I have been in that I really like is right by Metro Retiro .. stunning . Inside is spectacular . Definitely worth a visit .
I´m always worried going into churches as i´m a non believer .. I always expect to be hit by a bolt of lighning from Him above jejejeje .

#85198 - 08/31/09 07:11 AM Re: General - Clothing [Re: steve robinson]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
It is the one that is opposite what used to be the cafe "California". Next to a Repsol petrol station, right in Goya.
One of the nicest things for me about the church is that it was lovely and cool. the day i got married it was 46 degrees in the shade, and I was in a penguin suit :-S

this is it: http://www.fotomadrid.com/ver/140 although half of it has been cut off in the picture

I've actually been to a wedding in the one near the Retiro (if we are talking about the same one. it has elements of Jewish in the archicture, doesn't it?). very impressive place.

#85206 - 09/01/09 12:23 AM Re: General - Clothing [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I think the 90 year old nun is more common in Italy than Spain, although she can turn up when you least expect her.

Many of the most famous churches in Spain have a booth at the entrance where you have to pay an admission charge. I suppose once you've paid and are inside, they can't really ask you to leave.

#85252 - 09/10/09 01:26 PM Re: General - Clothing [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
So far there have been no nuns restricting entrance to churches! And hubby is just using 50 spf on his head. Actually, we find there is alot of shade in areas we've been walking in - well, in comparison. So far, my packing has been fine!! Thank you all so much!

#85254 - 09/10/09 05:56 PM Re: General - Clothing [Re: Denise 2009]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Glad everything is going well
() / ()

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments