Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#85062 - 08/07/09 10:30 AM Re: Renfe [Re: Denise 2009]
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
I LUV credit card companies. This is turning into a SAGA. I'm sure I have you all on the edge of your seats with my trials and tribulations of getting train tickets! UGH!. Last night when I was trying I had my credit card company on the phone. While we were working on authorizing my card, we decided that we would issue me a CHIP card. They neglected to tell me that once requested, my current card automagically was made INACTIVE! (I found this out today when I tried to register for a college course using the card this morning!). Anyway, they are now rushing the CHIP card to my bank branch and will give me free points for my inconvenience AND will give me points for any purchases I would have made, but can't (with proof of purchase). Needless to say, this saga won't complete until I get the NEW card next week. So much for my train tickets and day trip reservations. I'm only hold. GRRRRRR.

#85084 - 08/12/09 07:37 PM Re: Renfe [Re: Denise 2009]
Denise 2009 Offline

...and the saga continues. Called the bank yet again, waiting on my RUSH credit card. Appears they messed up and sent it regular mail - however, they reactivated the old card! HURRAH! (and for my trouble are now sending me free cinema tickets!) I now have in my possession tickets from Madrid to Barcelona (at a great price (87.80E) vs. the Euro rail prices anyway). However, now the site is giving me errors on the Malaga to Madrid leg. Arggghhhh! I shall not give up! I'm persistant if nothing else. *LOL*

#85086 - 08/13/09 06:48 AM Re: Renfe [Re: Denise 2009]
Denise 2009 Offline

HURRAH again! I wrote a letter to Renfe last evening. I tried the site again this morning just now, and low and behold a different time was available for cheaper and I now have two tickets to take me from Malaga to Madrid!! For only 88.30E. *L* The End of the Ticket Saga!

#85088 - 08/14/09 03:34 AM Re: Renfe [Re: Denise 2009]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Yippeee!! Well done - at last you got it sorted out smile I can assure you that it will all be worth it in the end!

#85099 - 08/16/09 04:34 PM Re: Renfe [Re: sallyanne]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Have just ventured onto the RENFE site and have booked Madrid- Valencia for just €18.10 each in tourist class and Valencia- Barcelona for €40.50 each in First (it was the cheapest ticket option) ....considering my Spanish is pretty abysmal I'm feeling rather pleased with myself !!

Anyone know if "Preferente" will include food or drinks? It's the Euromed arriving Barn.Sants 14.09
TIA
() / ()

#85100 - 08/17/09 02:32 AM Re: Renfe [Re: Jan D]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Preferente will almost certainly include food and drinks!

#85104 - 08/17/09 06:22 PM Re: Renfe [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Thanks, I hope it does !!!

Having made the train bookings last night, got a phone call today from the credit card company questioning the purchase in Spain, as we'd also used the card yesterday to buy UK theatre tickets.
() / ()

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments