Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85005 - 07/31/09 02:20 PM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: Antonio]
colenot Offline

I think I have free antenna tv. I don't have a box and this was set up before I moved in.

Smallville has been in English without spanish subtitles. Suddenly, english isn't an option. Hopefully, it changes back.

Pacific Blue was on today and it's still in english, so my settings are fine (I double checked them as well).

Antonio- I can't watch tv or movies online because I am usually working online, all day. I need the screen space. Thanks, though!

#85011 - 08/01/09 04:41 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
colenot, do you have a new-ish flat-panel LCD TV? If so, it may well have free TDT built in already so you wouldn't necessarily know if you had it or regular free antenna TV.

And if you have regular antenna TV I can't imagine having Smallville broadcast to the Spanish public masses - IN ENGLISH without Spanish subtitles. There's a mystery going on here that I'm determined to solve.

HOW many episodes did you say you saw in English before it turned back to Spanish? If only one or two, maybe it was a mistake on the part of the broadcast channel. On WHAT network (not the channel number, please, because this can change depending on your service) are you watching these programs? All on the same channel or on different channels?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85026 - 08/03/09 01:56 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: Antonio]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
as in interesting aside in Germany TV guides are big business, you'll usually see a dozen or more at the magizine counter by the check out. The large ones run a full page spread of all the channels with times listed for the whole day, 20.15 is 'prime time' so that gets bigger space on the page.

#85038 - 08/04/09 07:44 PM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

It's not a flat panel, but one of the big square silver type tv's that were in before flat panels came in.

I've been watching Smallville for about 2 months, before it changed. I believe it was on tv station 2.

There's this new Anne Heche tv show called Men in Trees (on Wednesday 10 pm). I just happen to watch the first 2 or 3 episodes in english, but last week it was in spanish only. It's on tonight at 10pm, so if you happen to catch it, let me know if you can listen to it in english. Who knows, maybe it'll come back in english.

Heroes was on tonight in english. That's good news, because I was never able to catch this show back in the states. So is Two and a Half Men.

I never used to watch this much tv, but working online I need something in the background going.

Anyways, no biggie. It is what it is...

Edited by colenot (08/04/09 07:48 PM)

#85039 - 08/05/09 02:16 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

It is always broadcast in both languages, but the english language will dissappear if your reception deterioates. This is also why sometimes it flicks between the two while you are watching it - all caused by interference.

If I had to guess the reason, i'd speculate that the second language on the dual channel is broadcast at a lower strength, or a far lower frequency, making it more prone to interference.

also, if you get a TDT receiver then you can have the all-in-one-place TV guide direct on your TV screen (just like cable TV does).

And, if you live in an area that has cable, then you could always subscribe to the cable TV (and get decent internet instead of having to live with ADSL).

#85048 - 08/05/09 09:22 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
colenot Offline

Well, that explains it then. The interference is the the most plausible explanation.

I live in Las Rozes and I'm not sure about the cable in my neighborhood.

Althoug the internet with cable sounds so good compared to adsl, it's probably a good idea that I don't otherwise I'll never get out of the house!

Thanks!

#85053 - 08/05/09 02:11 PM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Colenet, I don't live too far from you (Torrelodones) and cable isn't here, but I believe that it is available in Las Rozas, especially the newer parts that were built. You can check availability at the ONO website.

Internet via cable is far better (and faster) than ADSL. You can also get the TV and phone as part of the package.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments