Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85021 - 08/01/09 07:37 PM Tech / Vocational Schools in Madrid?
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Good morning to you all in Spain! I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are tech or vocational schools(like for dental hygienist, x-ray techs, etc..)in Madrid like the ones here in the US.What I am asking is, are they separate or through a university, because in the US you can go through a community college,etc. Not sure if it is the same in Spain as here or not.

A bit tired so I hope that made sense wink

Thanks for any help!!

#85022 - 08/02/09 04:58 AM Re: Tech / Vocational Schools in Madrid? [Re: CJA]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I was teaching in a school in Vallecas for a short while ( Vallecas is an area of Madrid ) , and after the school day finished , they offered vocational courses to teenagers wanting to study engineering . I´m guessing that´s an indication that vocational courses are available .
I stayed with a family in France for 3 weeks when I was 18 , and attended a college and my penpal´s municipal school . When you turn 16 you have a choice of an academic or vocational education . That was in 1984 .. but I remember being very impressed by that system .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments