Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84724 - 06/25/09 03:32 PM Granada and luggage
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.

This may be a stupid question and a bit trivial but I'll ask it anyway.

We've plans to spend a night in Granada to visit the Alhambra. We'll arrive on the first train out of Madrid which I believe gets to Granada @ about 13.40. We'll then spend the rest of the day and night in the city dinning and whatever else.

The next day while touring the Alhambra, with the train not leaving till 18:00, what am I going to do with my bags? We won't have much with us. We'll leave the bulk of our goods back in our flat in Madrid.

Are there lockers at the train station or maybe just ask the hotel in Granada to hold them for us.

Thanks.

P.S.

What activities/sites would anyone recommend on our arrival the first day?

#84727 - 06/25/09 09:59 PM Re: Granada and luggage [Re: Rodolfo]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Rodolfo, according to my Rick Steves' Spain 2008 book, "The train station has luggage storage on the platform (€3/small locker, €4.50/large locker, token machine at lockers)." I tried looking on the RENFE site but didn't see any information, so I emailed them. If I get a reply I'll let you know. Last summer in Sevilla we left our bags at the train station while we walked around the city for a few hours, so I imagine Granada has similar facilities. Also, it's pretty likely (but not guaranteed) that your hotel would let you leave your bags there, too, especially if it's a nicer hotel.

#84738 - 06/27/09 03:06 PM Re: Granada and luggage [Re: la historiadora]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
GREAT!

Thanks for that. I love lockers in the train staions.
Makes thing much more simple.

#84955 - 07/27/09 12:25 AM Re: Granada and luggage [Re: Rodolfo]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Rodolfo,
I did finally receive a response from RENFE/ADIF that the Granada train station does NOT have lockers available for luggage. Sorry about the bad news! So, I'm not really sure what to tell you except that you may want to ask your hotel in advance if they will hold your suitcases for you. But, at least you have some advance warning that the "consigna de equipaje" likely will not be available at the Granada train station.
Buena suerte!

#84968 - 07/29/09 02:28 AM Re: Granada and luggage [Re: la historiadora]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I think you can be pretty confident that your hotel will hold your luggage after you check out. I've never had this request refused in my life. I've even gone to hotels I wasn't staying in and tipped the concierge to hold it. They didn't know or care if I was staying there, but they were glad to have the extra tip.

Almost every hotel will be ok with holding your luggage as long as it gets you out of the room early.

#84991 - 07/30/09 07:26 AM Re: Granada and luggage [Re: Donna Cuervo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
You know we had another huge bomb expolsion here in Spain , yesterday , ( Burgos ) ETA targetted a police ( Guardia Civil ) barracks . Nobody was killed , but many injured .
It´s the same in London .. Left luggage can be a problem because of the possibility of people leaving packages with explosives .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments