Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84896 - 07/18/09 08:53 AM Spanish Music Playlist
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
I'm looking for a music playlist to load on my iPod for the coming sojourn to Spain. Would prefer all Spanish music, performed by Spanish artists, but not a necessity. Any recommendations for the top 10-15 tunes would be appreciated.

Gracias.

Edited by MadridMan (07/18/09 10:22 AM)
Edit Reason: clarified title

#84897 - 07/18/09 10:20 AM Spanish Music Playlist [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Not sure if you want up-beat, soft-and-smooth, old-or-new or what but here's what I would suggest for softer, more-or-less relaxing Spanish music by Spanish artists:
  • "Duende del Sur" by Chambao (LOVE this song)
  • "Un Violinista en tu Tejado" by Melendi
  • "Entre Dos Aguas" by Paco de Lucia
  • "Kilometro 0" by Ismael Serrano
  • "Como Hablar" by Amaral (with Antonio Vega)
  • "Colgado en tus Manos" by Marta Sanchez (& Carlos Baute) - una verdadera tontería de canción pero tiene mucho éxito
  • "Quiero Ser" by Amaia Montero
  • "La Playa" by La Oreja de Van Gogh
  • "Gwendolyne" by Pitingo (Juan Carmona on guitar)
  • "Soldadito Marinero" by Fito y Fitipaldis
  • "Sabor Sabor" by Rosario Flores

Really, one could make an entire playlist from Chambao songs alone. She (and most/all of the group) are from Malaga's Costa del Sol.

Enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84938 - 07/24/09 03:09 AM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: MadridMan]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Some other suggestions. Not all these are Spanish artists, but the songs feel like they belong on a Spanish playlist to me.

"Viva El Pasadoble" - Rocio Jurado

"Amigo" - Jose Luis Perales

"Sevilla" - Miguel Bose

"Te Dejo Madrid" - Shakira

"Torero" - Jose Luis Rodriguez

"Caminando Por La Calle" - Gipsy Kings

"Madrid" - Placido Domingo

"La Salve Rociera (Ole Ole Ole)" - various Spanish religious groups perform this music

#84940 - 07/24/09 06:02 AM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: Donna Cuervo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
You should see the video for Shakira´s "Te dejo Madrid " , where she dresses as a torero ... It´s beautiful .. My play list is a work in progress .

#84941 - 07/24/09 02:00 PM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Since Admiral44 is looking for playlists with only Spanish artists, Jose Luis Rodriguez (from Venezuela) and Shakira (from Colombia) couldn't apply. Even the Gypsy Kings are French.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84943 - 07/25/09 03:25 AM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: MadridMan]
Donna Cuervo Offline

He said he preferred but it wasn't a necessity that they be Spanish artists, so I figured he was open to other songs on Spanish themes. It's an interesting subject and limiting it to only artists from Spain leaves out a lot of good music.

Steve, I've seen more of that video than I wanted to. I worked a lot of overtime typing and revising the legal documents for it when I was at Sony Music. I remember there was a big issue of El Juli wanting to bring a lawsuit because he was in it without his approval. The lawyers played it over and over and over while working on the case.

Edited by Donna Cuervo (07/25/09 03:39 AM)

#84945 - 07/25/09 11:34 AM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: Donna Cuervo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Originally Posted By Donna Cuervo
He said he preferred but it wasn't a necessity that they be Spanish artists, so I figured he was open to other songs on Spanish themes.
DOH! You're right. Sorry 'bout that, Donna Cuervo. I think the long-standing claims that I have ADD are probably true. (which is why the ever-changing, in-the-moment, web-work-world suits me perfectly)

I've always been a big fan of The Gypsy Kings' music and have owned about 6 of their CDs over the years. One of my favorites is "Caminando por la Calle" - which Chambao has used in their "Duende del Sur" song.

Saludos, MadridMan

#84956 - 07/27/09 12:57 AM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: MadridMan]
Donna Cuervo Offline

I've been a fan of the Gipsy Kings forever. I used to see them perform free in the park during the Feria at Nimes, France before they were big international stars.

#84987 - 07/29/09 10:14 PM Re: Spanish Music Playlist [Re: Donna Cuervo]
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Now, why didn't I think to ask for something like this a LONG time ago?! I love finding out what other people are listening to, and to hear what is currently de moda in Españ/Madrid would help me feel a little more like I am there (especially in the middle of a Minnesota winter!).

¡Gracias! I will definitely check out these songs!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments