Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8491 - 09/16/05 04:48 PM Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
Angelina Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
Hello,
i wonder whether anybody have steyed at an apartment in " Huespedes Jaen " on Cervantes 5 recently and could tell me about it. It looks nice on the net but since it is my first time to Madrid and i don't want to spoil it for me and my friend i would like to hear some comments on it. Also, do you think the location, Cervantes 5 is good. I mean, is it safe? There are two of us women and we might be coming back late at night.
Thanks

#8492 - 09/17/05 02:40 PM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! I think you'll find some reviews (mainly positive) on these apartments. Try conducting a SEARCH using keywords MADRID JAEN APARTMENTS.

I do like this area, the Huertas neighborhood. Very "Old Madrid" and lots of little bars and restaurants. There's also a good deal of foot traffic but not like around Puerta del Sol.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8493 - 09/20/05 09:11 AM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
puppyfeat Offline

Loc: London
I stayed there a couple of years ago and was most impressed. For the price, I'd be surpised if you could find anything better. The room I had was clean, bright and quite large, with plenty of storage space. The street it's in is very narrow - which is good because you don't get much traffic down it - and the area is generally quiet and conveniently situated, both for the Prado etc on one side and the central area on the other. I felt totally safe round there - much better than staying round Sol or Gran Via areas (I know, I have done). I'm going for a long weekend in November and I plan on staying there again, so I guess that's recommendation enough in itself! Enjoy your stay.

#8494 - 09/28/05 08:21 AM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
Angelina Offline

Thanks a lot for the information.
Sorry it took me so long to say "thanks". I was out of town and away from computer.
MadridMan, you are doing a great job with this site, i am sure part of success of my trip (i am sure it will be)
is most certainly yours.
Thanks again

#8495 - 09/28/05 08:25 AM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Your appreciation is appreciated, Angelina, but the thanks is rightly due to those who participate on the message board - the travelers themselves, just like you. smile

Regarding the Huespedes Jaén Apartments , I recently learned that they are available only for long-stays, say for lengths of a university semester, for example. This is a recent change, apparently.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8496 - 09/28/05 12:26 PM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
Angelina Offline

I don't know about long terms, i am going to stay only 6 nights unfortunately but i got an they reconfirmed my booking just yesterday night.
We will see

#8497 - 09/28/05 12:34 PM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hey! That's GREAT news! Would you please give us your review (here in your thread) of the apartments when you return?

Have a wonderful time in Madrid and Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

#8498 - 10/16/05 01:54 PM Re: Madrid-Huespedes Jaen
Angelina Offline

Hi,
i am back from Madrid and i have stayed at that apartment in Hostal Jaen and loved it:-)
The location of the apartment (calle Cervantes) was just perfect, close to everything and very centrally located but the street was very calm and it was not noisy at night.
The apartment was clean and spacious, well probably even a little too big for us 2 people. Would have been perfect for 3-4 people although can house more.
The hosts were also nice people although we didn't see much of them since the apartment is located on the 4th floor and the hostal on the 3rd.
We liked it a lot and recommend it. In one of the previous posts i read a complain about air-conditioner. It was not very hot in Madrid but i did try that airconditioner and it worked perfectly and silently. And it looked like a new one too, so probably it had been reinstalled.
Thanks for people recommending it to me

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments