Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83888 - 02/23/09 08:26 AM Hotel prices: credit crunch effect
mike004 Offline

I am travelling from the UK to Alicante and Murcia in just over 2 weeks time.
Given the "credit crunch", and that it is not peak season, should I perhaps hold off booking my accommodation for a week or so? Maybe I will get a nice hotel at bargain prices if I leave it late...:)

Mike

#83940 - 03/05/09 05:40 AM Re: Hotel prices: credit crunch effect [Re: mike004]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Spain's major Revenue source (i.e., Tourism) is hurting. On the News from Germany last evening they reported average occupancy of 33% at Spain's major Tourist destinations. That would include Alicante / Costa Blanca and Murcia / Costa Calida.

It should be a 'Buyers market' as long as you're not there during Semana Santa (6-10 Apr) in Sevilla or Malaga or during Sevilla's feria de abril (27 Apr - early May).

Semana Santa IS considered Peak Tourist Season; prices generally reflect that! You may be able to negotiate a good deal as long as you're 'outa there' by mid-March.

#84835 - 07/12/09 09:50 PM Re: Hotel prices: credit crunch effect [Re: Eddie]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
In these situations I like to book something that can be cancelled without penalty and keep looking for better until the day of departure. If you find something better, great.

If not, at least you have something acceptable that you booked before. No matter what the crunch is, the most desirable places and best deals are often gone when you leave it to the last minute.

#84841 - 07/13/09 03:36 PM Re: Hotel prices: credit crunch effect [Re: Donna Cuervo]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I was just down visiting the concrete jungle (wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be) and I felt like the Omega Man. This beaufitul complex (about 600 units) and it was almost emtpy. Didn't help that only 40% of the units sold but still the place was barren. It did start to fill up as we left.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments