Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84754 - 06/30/09 12:35 PM 4 days from Montserrat to Pastrana (near Madrid)?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Buenos Dias!

I have not posted or looked at this site in ages! Thank goodness that you've kept it running, MadridMan!!

Now that my husband and I are returning to Spain, I have a question which is: Lodging between Montserrat (we actually got a room in the always booked Hotel Abat Cisneros) and Pastrana (a small town about one hour slightly northeast of Madrid)? We will have four days. I've been looking for something special around Zaragoza and/or Soria--casa rural (just a room) or a hotel/hostal in one of the small towns in that area. Is anyone familiar with that route? We will have our own transportation.

I don't have time right now to "browse" this website but I will. I promise!

Gracias,
Carole Chiaro

Edited by MadridMan (06/30/09 12:41 PM)
Edit Reason: correcting MadridMan's name

#84821 - 07/11/09 10:57 AM Re: 4 days from Montserrat to Pastrana (near Madrid)? [Re: Carole Chiaro]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
We had the misfortune to stay at Hostería Real de Pastrana (the ex convent) for 2 days three years ago. The bedrooms were ok but the food, breakfast & Dinner was atrocious.- the worse I've had in any spanish hotel, There is a ski hotel outside of Bejar owned by an ex pro-cyclist that comes a very close second though!! The staff were extremely sullen with a couldn't care less attitude... in fact there only seemed to be the receptionist and 2 rejects from the Adams family working there.
() / ()

#84850 - 07/14/09 10:12 AM Re: 4 days from Montserrat to Pastrana (near Madrid)? [Re: Jan D]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Originally Posted By Jan D
We had the misfortune to stay at Hostería Real de Pastrana (the ex convent) for 2 days three years ago. The bedrooms were ok but the food, breakfast & Dinner was atrocious.- the worse I've had in any spanish hotel, There is a ski hotel outside of Bejar owned by an ex pro-cyclist that comes a very close second though!! The staff were extremely sullen with a couldn't care less attitude... in fact there only seemed to be the receptionist and 2 rejects from the Adams family working there.

Just remembered the name of the ski hotel: Cubinos Hotel and it's at the foot of Covatilla
() / ()

#84911 - 07/20/09 07:31 PM Re: 4 days from Montserrat to Pastrana (near Madri [Re: Jan D]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the "heads up" as that hotel had e-mailed us with availability. The place I found is Casa Moratin at http://www.coloursofspain.com/contactdetail.php?property_id=21755. Well, you might just try Coloursofspain.com. Juan Jose e-mailed almost immediately but I haven't been able to get in touch with him to make a minor change. Nor have I reached Linda Cos who is with this "outfit." Casa Moratin is listed as a Hotel Rural but it's on the edge of the village if I've understood correctly.

Question: Has anyone stayed there?

#84912 - 07/20/09 07:34 PM Re: 4 days from Montserrat to Pastrana (near Madri [Re: Carole Chiaro]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

http://www.coloursofspain.com/propertydetail/21755 works better. And her name is Linda Napoleon.

#84913 - 07/20/09 07:37 PM Re: 4 days from Montserrat to Pastrana (near Madri [Re: Carole Chiaro]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Sorry, we got off the track a bit. But I did find a Hotel Rural which will be on the route from Montserrat to Pastrana. It is: Mas del Colome <info@masdelcolome.com> The owner, Paul, has been very, very helpful. We've booked a room for two nights. I think it will be relaxing after Barcelona.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments