MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8454 - 09/11/05 11:54 PM New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
mmlinz Offline

Loc: anaheim, california
Hi Everyone:
There is a new hotel in Madrid Hotel Victoria 4 very close to the Puerta del Sol. It's on Calle Victoria right off Carrera de San Jeronimo. It is a 3 star hotel that is now offering an awesome intro rate. Is this area good? Has anybody heard of this hotel? Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm going at end of Sept. for 4 nights with family. Thanks!!!!

#8455 - 09/12/05 05:12 AM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! Say, does this new hotel have a website yet? If so, could you give it to us, please? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8456 - 09/12/05 11:49 AM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
mmlinz Offline

Yes, the website for the Hotel Victoria 4 is www.hotelvictoria4.com. What do you think of this area? Is it safe? Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks!

#8457 - 09/12/05 01:14 PM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT! Thanks for the link. I'll add it to the Madrid Hotels page . Your question of "is this area safe?" is always a difficult one to answer. The location of the hotel is excellent; right next to the Puerta del Sol and among many many bars and restaurants. It's also the area of the highest concentration of tourists (AND madrileños alike). So wherever you have a high concentration of tourists you're also going to have a relatively high concentration of crime. Keep in mind that when I say crime it's important that you know that crimes committed in this area on tourists (and on locals) are in the form of pickpocketing, purse snatching, and scams. As I said, it's a high concentration of PEOPLE, in general, and so where there are lots of people there's safety in numbers.

I don't know anything yet about this new hotel but it looks quite nice! That 3rd floor terrace looks GREAT! I'll have to check that out just for a coffee/snack one evening and hope to get a table.

If you do stay here would you please return to this/your thread and give us your review? Future travelers will appreciate it. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8458 - 09/12/05 03:59 PM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
mmlinz Offline

You guys are GREAT! Thanks for getting back to me. I got an incredible rate of 65 euros a night for a double including breakfast which is unheard of this time of year for a 3 star hotel. I've been hesitant because the price seems too good to be true. I was worried it might be in a terrible location. I like the fact it is central. The other choice of hotel I have is in Salamanca at the Husa Serrano Royal. Their rate is also very good. I booked it a few months ago. The only thing that I don't like is that it seems so much further away. Which would you opt for? Is the Husa that far away? Let me know. I'll sent you a review on whichever hotel we decide to stay at after our visit. We can't wait!!! Thanks, Maria

#8459 - 09/12/05 10:44 PM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I spend a fair amount of time on the calle de la Victoria and environs. It is a very lively street with much to occupy yourself. It goes on well into the night on the weekends and there is a very heavy presence of club staff out on the street to keep a lid on things. Like MM mentioned, take normal precautions with things like purses and wallets.

After seing the website, I am looking forward to seeing the rooftop bar on a nice autumn day!

#8460 - 09/13/05 01:26 PM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
mmlinz Offline

Hi...sounds like a nice area. My only concern is are we going to be able to get any sleep at night if it's such a busy street? Let me know. The other option I have is to stay in the Salamanca area at the Husa Serrano Royal which I understand is very quiet. I truly appreciate all your input! Muchisimas gracias! Maria

#8461 - 09/13/05 01:53 PM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Definitely get an inside room! There are at least four clubs within 50 meters that are open past 3 and 4 o'clock, then comes the social hour in the street.

I'll try and keep my voice down! laugh

#8462 - 09/13/05 05:44 PM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Let me know how the hotel works out for you, it looks sharp and your close to lots of action. I am going to Madrid in late Jan 2006, and it is during a big tourism convention, so rooms fill up quite fast--I might stay here also.

#8463 - 09/16/05 10:54 AM Re: New Hotel in Madrid...any good? Hotel Victoria 4
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Thanks for the info on this hotel, I took the liberty and reserved a room there for my travls in January (have to book early as there is a big tourism convention at that time.) My buddy in Madrid said the hotel is sleek and he recommended it highly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments