Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84444 - 05/21/09 08:34 AM Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi MadridMan. A golden oldie popping in to say hello. Well not so much of the golden but an oldie anyway! I like your new board and site layout.

It's many moons since I was last here I'm afraid and I've just had a quick peep at the User List to see all the names I remember well, Wolf, Jo-Anne, Puna, Eddie, CaliBasco, Miguelito etc etc. Looking at the dates of their last posts I'm glad to see some call in from time to time.

I will look in more often in future but at the risk of seeming like I am taking advantage of you (I am!) the reason I'm here is that I have tickets for U2 in Barcelona on July 2nd and wondered if anyone who would be in that city that day (or if anyone anywhere) wanted them?

I have four which I bought by joining the fan club and getting a pre-sale code as I wasn't lucky enough to get any for the first show on June 30th but have since got a couple for that show and that suits me better, so want to offload the four tickets I have for the second. I am just asking for the money I paid for them ie 34,50 € plus 10 € for the fan club membership and the seats are next to the stage on the third tier.

If needed I can throw in a luxury 4* hotel for 30 € pp on a room only basis, so anyone in Madrid could maybe jump on the AVE from Madrid, see a great show, pamper themselves in the hotel and mosey on back to Madrid the next day?

If anyone is interested can you PM me and we can arrange how to do it, either by Paypal or if you prefer by cash on delivery (is that how you translate contra-reembolso?) I would try to sell them locally (I'm in Malaga) but the airfares are horrendous from down here for that day so hopefully this will be a better way of doing it. xfingers

#84445 - 05/21/09 10:52 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: Anchovy Front]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
hi Anchovy Front
if no one on the massage board takes u your offer why not try ebay im sure you will sell them on there and probably at a profit
good luck selling

#84447 - 05/22/09 04:57 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: billy the man]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´ve seen U2 in London a couple of times and they were magnificent .. One of the few big bands where the whole group is recognisable .
I´d also like to comment that it´s a good thing you´re selling the tickets at face value .
I had tickets for Jack Johnson ( surfer / guitarist ) from Hawaii .. And sold 2 tickets for a huge profit .. But then later I checked his website and he promotes face value reselling of tickets . ( Great music - laid back ) . I had one more ticket left and sold it at face value to a girl waiting in the queue despite a tout offering me 200 pounds for it .... And I felt good for doing it .
Good luck with selling the tickets I´ll call some friends in Barcelona and see if they are interested .
Steve

#84449 - 05/22/09 09:43 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: steve robinson]
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Cheers Steve, thanks for that. Their new single is also "Magnificent" I have seen a million bands over the years but the first U2 show I saw was on their last Vertigo tour, also at the Nou Camp a couple of years ago.

We have always gone for standing in general admission until a couple of years ago (not quite the mosh pit Jo ;)) and maybe the atmosphere isn't quite the same although the view is much better, especially for Mrs Anchovy at five feet one and a half. However at the U2 gig everyone in the stadium were on their feet in the seats from the time Bono came on stage to when we were drifting away.

Exhausted but happy after a brilliant concert. There's something about the Spanish audiences that bring the best out of performers, the best example of this being Bruce Springsteen, who loves Spain and Barcelona in particular.

As regards the touting or scalping of tickets, I have to come clean and admit that I did once sell a ticket for the UEFA cup final for 6 or 7 times the face value, so I am not whiter than white blush I had bought four tickets a few months in advance of the final when Malaga CF were still involved in the competition and as the final was to be played in Sevilla it was a great opportunity to see a European final, even if Malaga didn't get there, which sadly they didn't as we travelled to Porto in Portugal to see them go out on penalties in the quarter final.

As it happens it was an incredibly good decision to buy the tickets because the final was played between Porto and Glasgow Celtic. The Scots descended on Sevilla in their kilts and boots, most of them looking like they had come off the set of Braveheart! They took over the centre of the town, drank the place dry - literally in the case of some bars - as they knocked back the equivalent of a month's supply in two or three days!! I sold a ticket for 300 pounds justifying it by telling myself it went towards recouping my expenses following the football that year, but I cringed all the way through the game every time I saw the bloke who had bought it sitting three seats away from me! He asked us where we got our tickets from and we told him we had bought them from someone in a pub months ago and he held my gaze for the longest five seconds of my life! crazy Since then I have never made a penny on a ticket if I had a spare!

This was taken from The Bhoys Fronm Sevilla in Wikipedia: Tickets for the match had been selling for £500 in the lead up to the game and Celtic fans were warned to avoid the estimated 700 fake tickets that were circulating before the game.

There was a scramble to arrange travel to Spain for what was called "one of the biggest events in sporting history" and Celtic fans travelled by plane, car, bus, train and ferry in order to get to Seville on time.

Around 80,000 Celtic fans travelled to watch the club compete in the final at the Estadio Olímpico in Seville in southern Spain, the largest travelling support in history. The exemplary conduct of the Celtic supporters received widespread praise from the people of Seville (not one single supporter was arrested) and the fans were awarded prestigious Fair Play Awards from both FIFA and UEFA "for their extraordinarily loyal and sporting behaviour

An unbelievable, unforgettable day!!

#84450 - 05/22/09 10:28 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: Anchovy Front]
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Guess there's a time in everyone's life when they are too old to mosh Anchovy clap headspin yeah headspin clap

Jo

#84451 - 05/22/09 10:30 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: Anchovy Front]
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Actually, I know I've drifted off topic here but recalling that red hot day in Sevilla in 2003 made me Google it and came across some great articles such as this one.

Anybody who was there - and I'm sure there must have been plenty of North American tourists who could only look on in amazement - would remember scenes such as described in that article. For example:

Via boat, train, plane and by thumb, in convoys of buses, cars and mopeds they converged to make the city their own. Sombreros, beach balls, kilts, wigs, masks of Zorro, ‘Manuel’ moustaches, polka dot bikinis and giant sunglasses were much in evidence. Outside Flaherty's bar (the "Hoops' Headquarters”) the scene resembled one from medieval Europe, the street reeking of booze, sweat, p*** and vomit and rocking with constant noise.

Through the walls of the Cathedral, Christopher Columbus, in his final resting place, was no doubt considering a second emigration to the US for a bit of peace and quiet.
Realising this was a friendly invasion, the police stayed in the background enjoying the spectacle. There was no doubt as to where the sympathies of the locals lay. Hundreds of immaculately groomed local youngsters caroused with hairy a***d Scotsmen while Porto fans, outnumbered twenty-to-one at least, mingled happily, if somewhat bemused.

A few good pics here Class! grin

#84452 - 05/22/09 10:32 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: Jo-Anne]
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Originally Posted By Jo-Anne
Guess there's a time in everyone's life when they are too old to mosh Anchovy clap headspin yeah headspin clap

Jo

laugh Never!!! Just takes a blt longer now, that's all . . .

#84774 - 07/02/09 05:12 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: Anchovy Front]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anchovy Front! Did'ja sell those tickets to tonight's U2 Concert in Barcelona? I hear it's SOLD OUT (BIG SURPRISE!!) as was the concert there on Tuesday night.

Saludos, BarcelonaMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84780 - 07/03/09 02:59 AM Re: Barcelona July 2nd: U2 tickets for sale at cost [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´ve only just seen your posts Anchovy Front .. That´s great news that the Celtic fans were so respectful . The Scots like to have a good time for sure .. I went to school in Glasgow for 1 year .
U2 are great .. Bono the absolute front man .
Desperately looking for a concert to go to now ! Oasis was great here in Madrid but not many options right now .
Gay pride tomorrow .. and whatever your views , it´s always a colourful party .
Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments