Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84435 - 05/18/09 01:02 PM Anybody been to Vietnam?
jaytuk Offline

I'm thinking about traveling to Vietnam in November. I've never been there and the only info I know about it is from here - Vietnam Travel and Culture

Have you been there? If you have, What were your favorite things to do?

Also, I like hiking. So any suggestions for good places to hike would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance smile

#85260 - 09/13/09 03:08 PM Re: Anybody been to Vietnam? [Re: jaytuk]
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
If you like hiking you MUST visit Sapa near the Chinese border.

Truly, truly stunning.

Book a trip from Hanoi - the one we took comprised travel there and back pn an overnight sleeper train, hotel for one night and a night staying with a hill tribe family, all food included for the princely sum of about £50 each!

Halong Bay is a must - again, book from Hanoi and stay overnight on a traditional junk.

Hoi An, a world heritage sight is a beatiful little town. Save some luggage space to get some clothes tailored - we got 4 pairs of trousers for about £18!

Hanoi and HCMC (Saigon) are ok but all S E Asian cities are much of a muchness. I'd advise to just use these as departure points for the more interesting parts of the country.

If you need any more specific info feel free to ask.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments