Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47854 - 09/20/07 02:29 PM Cigars in Madrid
blueterrier Offline

Does anyone know where the best place is in Madrid to buy cigars,I always end up in the two humidors in the airport when leaving but this time I'm buying some whilst I'm there.
Also I think I have found the only non smoking bar in the whole of Madrid, a little place down Huertas where we were asked politely not to spark up, made me laugh for ages smile

Hala Madrid

luego

#47855 - 09/23/07 03:09 AM Re: Cigars in Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
The best place to buy cigars is a Cuban bar on Huertas...near Calle Jesus called La Colonial.

They have real Cubans at very low prices. If you buy a bunch the price is even lower. You can buy cigars in any Tabac, but you will pay the "fair trade" price. Meaning there is an established price for the various Cuban brands.

The selection at La Colonial is limited, but the last time I was there, about two years ago, I bought Cohiba Robustos for 6 Euros.

Have a mojito or caiprinha while you are there.....

#47856 - 09/23/07 04:50 AM Re: Cigars in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You can also buy cigars at "State Low Prices" at any estanco or tobacco shop. They don't have humidors there but they do have all the typical cigars, including a number of Cuban brands. I can't say I've ever seen a tobacco shop with a humidor though.

GoMadrid, I'M SURE you smoked these Cuban cigars BEFORE getting on the plane back home, right? Righhhhht. wink wink wink laugh

Has anyone seen a cigar humidor in Madrid?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47857 - 09/23/07 02:56 PM Re: Cigars in Madrid
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Well if you do not know a Cuban in Madrid, you can have the alternative of going to
La Tabaqueria, centro comercial La Moraleja, ave Europa 13-15 Alcobendas

Carlus Av Valdelafuentes 30, San Sebastian de los Reyes.
en Madrid,el mejor es
Magallanes, magallanes 16
Nicolas Garcia, Paseo Delicias150.

Tabaco and Rum, great trade off at any bar!

#47858 - 09/23/07 07:19 PM Re: Cigars in Madrid
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
There is a full service tobacco shop called Meson Fumador on c/ Carmen. just down the hill from FNAC, next to the bacalao shop. It's been several years since I was there, but I believe they have large cabinet humidors and an extensive selection of cigars and accessories. It is a good place to get the traditional rope lighters for souvenirs.

BTW, it is still technically illegal for Americans to buy Cuban goods even in a third country.

For the record, those mojitos were made with Dominican rum and I never inhaled! wink

#47859 - 09/24/07 03:50 AM Re: Cigars in Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
It was Cuban rum Mongo. Unfortunately, it was the cachaca that did not come from Brazil.....

I know that no one would ever do this, but if you were to take the band off of a cigar, how would one know where it came from...if you were to accidently pack it in your luggage?

#47860 - 09/24/07 08:10 AM Re: Cigars in Madrid
blueterrier Offline

Thanks for the advice chaps,Mojito and cohiba its like a match made in heaven, only one more day to go smile smile smile

luego

#47861 - 10/25/07 03:38 PM Re: Cigars in Madrid
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
La Menson Del Fumador seems to be ON Calle del Carmen #22 (Just down from FNAC) where it intersects Calle de Mesoneros Romanos.

#84305 - 04/27/09 01:20 AM Re: Cigars in Madrid [Re: ELECTRACITY]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
As usual, GoMadrid is spot-on with his advice. I stopped into La Colonial last month for a cigar and got the Cohiba Esplendido for 8 euros, easily half the price of other shops.

While in the area, be sure to stop and have a drink at the Jazz Bar where c/Jesus intersects with c/Moratin and c/Sta. Maria. A very relaxing place where we heard Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, Count Basie and Duke Ellington played on the stereo. Then again, if you're hungry, both Maceira(s) are very close. thumbsup

#84306 - 04/27/09 03:26 AM Re: Cigars in Madrid [Re: Mongo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
REALLY, Mongo? Half price Cohiba Esplendidos as compared to other shops? I've GOT to check that out. Are you describing a particular size - or does "Espendido" denote the size of the Cohiba?

I've stopped into a few basic tobacco/Estancos here in Madrid and have yet to find any which carry Cohibas. Monte Cristos, yes, but never the Cohibas.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments