Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69727 - 07/13/08 06:32 PM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Thought some of you may be interested in a report in 20minutos.es today saying that Chueca is the first "barrio" in Europe to go completely wifi ....

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/397083/0/cobertura/wifi/madrid/

Steve .

#69728 - 07/14/08 07:41 AM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes?
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
That's great. It looks like those of us who are "foneros" in other neighborhoods get to connect for free and for non foneros there's a low fee--or is it free for everyone. I think soon the whole city will be wired with Fon--it's such a great system.

#69729 - 07/15/08 05:15 AM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes?
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I would really not recommend using an internet cafe or any other public computer for making purchases or accessing bank account or personal information.

Even if, as MadridMan does, you clear the history and cookies, if the owner of the computer is that way inclined, the data can too easily be recorded (quite easily using an auto backup facility) or recovered (much harder but technically possible).

#69730 - 07/15/08 07:00 AM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Mike F, if you bring your own laptop, you'll find that most hostels in Madrid offer free wifi to their customers.

#69731 - 07/26/08 06:12 PM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes?
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Whenever I wanted to use the internet I would take a laptop to Giangrossi's. It is a "fancy" ice cream place that has wifi. They never charged for it (when I was living around there last year- but may now), but I would always buy a sandwich or a coffee beforehand.

#69732 - 07/26/08 06:16 PM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes?
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Or there is a locutorio on c/Fernando de Catolico and c/ Valle Hermoso just near the market on that corner- that is pretty nice (if my memory serves me correct)..They have A/C and it smelled like bubble gum which is much better than the usual arm pit like many other places.

#84243 - 04/14/09 08:36 AM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes? [Re: CJA]
Cruiser Offline

Hi all, this is my first post and will be arriving in Mardid in late May 2009. I will be staying at the Husa Princesa which is on Calle de la Princesa road and need to know where all the Internet Cafes are that are close to the Hotel. Wifi fees are very expensive at the hotel, so I want to skype my family back home in Australia while I am in Madrid.

#84248 - 04/14/09 10:57 AM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes? [Re: Cruiser]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Cruiser .. The Husa Princesa is a five star hotel so no wonder the charges are huge for internet ( and all other services ) . Whilst i´ve been in that area many times is not exactly my "manor" as we say in London . Maybe it would help other board members to help you to say that the Metro station is "Arguelles" .. There is no doubt they´ll be internet cafés evrywhere .. They´re very popular here in Madrid .
By the way , you will be very near to the teleférico ... A cable car that takes you 2,000 metres into the countryside outside the city with some great views . Great for picnics ! And the travel is cheap !

#84253 - 04/14/09 12:55 PM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes? [Re: steve robinson]
Cruiser Offline

Hi Steve, I'm not sure what I will be doing on my days off while I'm there. I will have a car but its the first time I will be driving on the wrong side of the road. I have spent hours researching the web for info on Cybe cafes but can't find anything that is close to the Hotel. Also there is not info on Skype terminals in Cybe cafes.

#84254 - 04/14/09 01:24 PM Re: Madrid: good internet cafes? [Re: Cruiser]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

You´re brave to be even THINKING about driving in Madrid ! It´can be a nightmare . Spain , and Madrid is lagging a little behind some other European cities such as London , Paris , Berlin etc.... . Many internet cafés are small and relatively unsophisticated ( They´re called "locutorios" ) . They are often run by people from Central and South America . It provides a cheap way of contacting relatives in Ecuador , Bolivia , Perú etc... . There is a very big internet café called "Bigg" in Puerta del Sol . I was there today . Maybe 50 stations . 30 minutes = €1:50 . They´re a big company .
Steve

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments