MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84165 - 04/05/09 11:27 PM Re: Semana Santa in Andalucia [Re: la historiadora]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I was able to watch extensive coverage today on Canal Sur courtesy of MadridMan's link on this website. LIVE no less!

#84174 - 04/06/09 11:53 AM Re: Semana Santa in Andalucia [Re: laduque]
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I was so happy to find this thread and will try to view the processionals later today. I'm having Semana Santa withdrawals - it's the first time I haven't made it to Sevilla in 7 years for Semana Santa. I'm so sad....everything is reminding me of what I'm missing this week. My only solace is I'll be there for the Feria in 3 weeks.

#84195 - 04/09/09 03:45 AM Re: Semana Santa in Andalucia [Re: CathyM]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I too was happy to find some Andalucía processions on TV yesterday on Canal Sur TV. I saw one from Huelva and another from Cádiz, I think. In fact, they were switching back and forth throughout Andalucía's Semana Santa processions.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84197 - 04/09/09 09:57 AM Re: Semana Santa in Andalucia [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

According to the programming schedule for Canal Sur television, at 12:30am (Spain time) tonight, they will show the processions from Sevilla, Malaga, Granada, Jaen, Huelva and Jerez live. I think this will be on for about two hours or so, and then on Friday morning there will be another live show of the processions at 11:30am (Spain time).

From what I've read, these are the biggest processions of the week, so you might want to try to catch them. MadridMan has a link for Canal Sur on his home page .

#84199 - 04/09/09 11:01 AM Re: Semana Santa in Andalucia [Re: la historiadora]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
The programming has been going on sporadically all week! Thanks MM for the link, i'm hooked.
Yes, I do believe tonight is the biggest night!
Ahhh...I'm missing Spain so much right now!

#84201 - 04/09/09 03:53 PM Re: Semana Santa in Andalucia [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Tonight in Sevilla, being Jueves Santo, there will be processions until sunrise. About 10 years ago I was planted in a hard wooden folding chair (rented) right next to the cathedral. It was also one of the coldest nights on record for Semana Santa in Sevilla and we were nearly-literally freezing to death but we took hourly breaks to go to the bar (open allll night) to have hot chocolate, coffee, tea, ANYTHING warm to keep us going. We finally left after seeing approximately 300,000 nazarenos and a dozen processions slowly walking by. It was a memorable night, for sure.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments