Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8412 - 08/26/05 12:06 AM Apartment hunting in Madrid
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I'm going to be in Madrid for October, November and December. Can anyone recommend good newspapers, web site, etc. to find a shared place?

Thanks!

#8413 - 08/26/05 02:37 AM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi Silvita
I recently rented shared accommodation through LoQUo
This might be a good place to start, so that you get an idea of prices, quality of accommodation that might be available and the cost.
Let us know how you get on with your search, I am sure that others would be interested.
Regards
Robbieroy

#8414 - 08/26/05 06:30 AM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Silvita, I've moved your topic here from its originally posted forum category of "Alojamiento" which is a Spanish-language-only forum category.

If you're looking for a simple room you could try http://www.VenAMiCasa.com for a room in a family home. Otherwise, you can try the big national newspapers http://www.ElPais.es and http://www.ABC.es in their classifieds sections (paper and online).

You can also scan through the past postings in the "Classifieds & Personals" forum category for people searching for roommates or who have apartments for rent.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8415 - 08/26/05 09:03 AM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
YomebajoenAtocha Offline

Another option is booking something (hotel, hostel, residence...)for the first days and then look for something.
If you go to Ciudad Universitaria metros station, you´ll see everywhere lot´s of ads sticked on the bus stops, traffic lights or places like that, about people who shares their apartments. Probably it will be cheaper than an agency.

#8416 - 08/27/05 11:30 AM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
You might also want to try Segundamano and Craig\'s List which has a relatively new section for Madrid.

However, I agree with what yomebajoenatocha says... probably the best bet is to stay at a hostel for a couple of days until you get your bearings and find a place/room mates you really like. It's a little difficult doing that over the internet.

Good luck!

#8417 - 09/29/05 07:09 PM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
RobbieRoy, loquo.com worked out really well! I found a great place by placing an advert.

Thanks a million. I owe you a beer at the October gathering.

#8418 - 09/30/05 02:18 PM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Glad it was useful to you. A Scotsman and a free beer? eek - I will certainly be there on the 15th Oct!
BTW enjoyed reading your blog.
Take care.
Robbieroy

#8419 - 10/07/05 05:59 PM Re: Apartment hunting in Madrid
Legendary Offline

Loc: England
Can you book/share an apartment for a week ? for no more than say 175 euros

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments